Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: When will Pedroia debut for BOS in 2018?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • He'll be ready to go on opening day

0 0%
  • He'll be ready to go by the end of April

2 13.33%
  • He'll be ready to go by the end of May

7 46.67%
  • He'll be ready to go sometime in June

5 33.33%
  • He'll be ready to go after July 1

1 6.67%
  • He will either be out all year or traded before debuting

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Timetable for Pedroia's Return

Timetable for Pedroia's Return

Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia will sit out some of 2018 after undergoing left knee surgery in October, but there’s hope he won’t miss much time. As per his rehab schedule, Pedroia is lining up for a late-April or early May return, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe estimates. Pedroia told Cafado that he hasn’t suffered any setbacks in his rehab, adding that his “knee has responded well” to running and strength exercises. After roughly six more weeks of running and then, as Cafardo writes, “a period of agility work,” Pedroia will be able to start baseball activities. The 34-year-old franchise stalwart also explained to Cafardo that knee problems weighed on him both physically and mentally in 2017, when he appeared in just 105 games, but he’s currently pain-free.

When do you think Pedroia will be able to return to BOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

By the end of May is my stab in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I think it's a safe bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don’t know how he can be back before mid June, but if anybody is going to push it, he is the guy.

May 12th.

May 11th

I'll guess sometime in early June.

I am going with June as well, allowing for no setbacks. You cannot rush this type of procedure. If you do, swelling ensues and it becomes a failed procedure
    Hal sucks

Pedroia thinks that he will be ready by Opening Day, but he has always be overly aggressive.

The team says that he will be ready by the end of May, but I think they tend to be conservative to lower expectations.

I am going with May1st.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star
    He'll retire before the end of this season. For Pete's Sake grab Nunez while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    He'll retire before the end of this season. For Pete's Sake grab Nunez while we can.
    I don't know if he will retire by then but my educated guess is that he will not finish the season on the field.

Those wheels are fucked. Each boo-boo adds up and things really start to hurt at his age from what I recall.

I say grab Nunez if he is healthy and passes a real physical.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I don't know if he will retire by then but my educated guess is that he will not finish the season on the field.

Those wheels are fucked. Each boo-boo adds up and things really start to hurt at his age from what I recall.

I say grab Nunez if he is healthy and passes a real physical.
    I think he can finish the season on the field, but I think Cora will have to manage his playing time very carefully.

I am not opposed to signing Nunez for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I think he can finish the season on the field, but I think Cora will have to manage his playing time very carefully.

I am not opposed to signing Nunez for the right price.
    Manage his time means time off the field. He can't be of much use from the bench.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I'll say Memorial Day just because these timelines are never accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Manage his time means time off the field. He can't be of much use from the bench.
    It means giving him a day off more often than he's had in the past, but it doesn't mean he'll be a bench player. I'd rather Pedroia take a day off here and there and be able to get through the season in pretty good health, than try to play almost everyday and be done in August.