Register now to remove this ad

Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Training 2018 Thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Michfan View Post
    Just noticed the MLB forum was shut down too. it was really nice of MLB to not inform everyone and give them a little notice.
    I see one person (jung) over here.
    All hail, YOTN.

Deity
    Come on boys a little love for our main man Brian Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Hmm. Some people just want to complain.

I am hopeful Johnson throws some quality innings. I think that he can.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Hmm. Some people just want to complain.

I am hopeful Johnson throws some quality innings. I think that he can.
    In all seriousness for a change, I really think that if everything in his life is good he really could be quite an addition to this team's pitching staff. He flat out knows how to pitch. We've all seen it. I'm really pulling for this guy. Plus - I was never really a "Yankme" hater until I started paying attention to Jackman's posts. I'm there now!

Here's hoping! Nice job today for sure.

Johnson really looked confident his FB looks really good this year

Nice game today. Command was excellent. Kept them off balance. Really moved the ball around the strike zone.

In all seriousness for a change, I really think that if everything in his life is good he really could be quite an addition to this team's pitching staff. He flat out knows how to pitch. We've all seen it. I'm really pulling for this guy. Plus - I was never really a "Yankme" hater until I started paying attention to Jackman's posts. I'm there now!
    Good. Things are much more lively and fun when both teams are good and there’s a good level of collegial animosity. Back a decade ago, the anger and vitriol was intense on here, but I think we can all have fun with this.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Good. Things are much more lively and fun when both teams are good and there’s a good level of collegial animosity. Back a decade ago, the anger and vitriol was intense on here, but I think we can all have fun with this.
    I think that you are right of course. I'll try a little harder but I think that you know that it probably won't always seem like collegial animosity (lol). Two of the biggest and best markets for athletics on the planet. It is particularly good for ml baseball at this time. You said earlier in a post that players these days are different. I'm not sure that I totally believe this but I'm pretty sure that baseball fans have changed as the games have gotten longer - attention spans have gotten shorter. This rivalry promises to pump some life into the game. I said earlier that I am a Yankee hater but I'm really not sure of that. It's more of just a competitive thing for me. Now back in the 60s when the Yanks were really THE YANKS, yes I'm thinking that I hated what they were but I still loved watching the greatness that came with them. This could be a fun year to be a fan of baseball! - forgot to mention that some of my dislike for the Yankees came from the simple fact that until 67 we kind of sucked for quite some time. I was a second baseman and my choice of heroes when I first started playing was either Chuck Schilling or Bobbie Richardson. Mull that one over for a bit!

Years ago Johnson was pegged as a guy with a high floor who could be a #4 starter. Not the sexiest profile, but that's exactly what this team needs right now.

It would be really great to see that out of Johnson, for everything he's been going through and for what this team needs right now.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Years ago Johnson was pegged as a guy with a high floor who could be a #4 starter. Not the sexiest profile, but that's exactly what this team needs right now.

It would be really great to see that out of Johnson, for everything he's been going through and for what this team needs right now.
    In those few games that we saw him pitch when things were good for him, I loved watching him. Not a power pitcher by any means. Just a guy who looked like he knew how to pitch. Great hook and great location. A pitcher like this is as much fun for me to watch as that big power armed throw it right by everybody kind of guy.

Deity
    Not sure how many people are watching today...However I am very happy to see the Sox taking some normal non-farrell era AB's this spring. Guys are swinging at good pitches early in counts and protecting late in counts...the way the game should be played.

Now I do think that both Martinez and Ramirez will not be able to stay out of this lineup for long because the power drop off will be significant without them. Our guys are generally either not large enough to be real power hitters or not large enough to be real LH power hitters in a ballpark with acres and acres in RF. That said I cannot tell you how many times I nearly went right off the cliff edge last year watching guys take good pitches early in counts and then swing out of their shoelaces late in counts...the absolute opposite of what they should have been doing.

Legend
    Devin Marrero just traded to Arizona for a bag of golf balls and a 50 cent gift certificate to Popeye's chicken.....I mean, a player to be named later or cash.

Xanderrrrrrr is baaaaaaaack !!!!!!! That swing looks like he did a few years ago looooooove it !!!!

Why would any team not pitch Mitch slider after slider???! Man I hate this signing