Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Yanks v Sox, rivalry renewed

Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    CC was incredible last year ...Judge the same ....of the two I never bet against CC great heart great person ...Judge may not be all world this year .I love the Stanton sign for you folks because we have a bad guy now ....The thing is it's easy being the good guy ...being the bully and bad guy ???? Against Boston ? Lol Stanton may go OFer a month ...not saying he's not a great player but he's been in the kiddie pool ...now we are dropping him into the Atlantic Ocean with a Hurricane forming and Sharks circling ..Good freaking luck with that transition .we take this Division and win the World Series ...you folks get Machado and Harper goes to Cubs ....you guys will have to wait a couple years but you will win one in the next 3 years ...
    When the Sox play the Yankees the first time, someone needs to drill Stanton. Apparently, he takes exception to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    When the Sox play the Yankees the first time, someone needs to drill Stanton. Apparently, he takes exception to that.
    By all means, yes.

Maybe not the first at bat. Send some chin music first.

Next at bat drill his ass.

Maybe Ryan Dempster will sign a one day contract?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    I think that we have a couple of guys at the top of our rotation who really would have no problem at all doing that if the need arose. All I keep hearing about is how goddam much power this yankees team has. Because you hit for power doesn't mean you are tough and I like our toughness a shitload more than I like that of any yankee. Let the games begin.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    By all means, yes.

Maybe not the first at bat. Send some chin music first.

Next at bat drill his ass.

Maybe Ryan Dempster will sign a one day contract?
    Between the age and arm problems, Dempster is probably throwing about 60 mph by now. Not sure a fastball that couldn't get a ticket on the Mass Pike is as intimidating as you hope...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Between the age and arm problems, Dempster is probably throwing about 60 mph by now. Not sure a fastball that couldn't get a ticket on the Mass Pike is as intimidating as you hope...
    So I say something in jest and you jump all over it with logic and speculation.

Lighten up Francis.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    So I say something in jest and you jump all over it with logic and speculation.

Lighten up Francis.
    I'm guessing that with notin Spud it isn't likely to happen. lol There will be no humor aboard this vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Apparently , he takes exception to that ? Who doesn't ?

Drill him all you want. Our ace had the highest FB velocity in baseball last yr. Our pen features some of the hardest throwers on the planet. If Stanton gets beaned, then JD does as well.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Drill him all you want. Our ace had the highest FB velocity in baseball last yr. Our pen features some of the hardest throwers on the planet. If Stanton gets beaned, then JD does as well.
    Drilling Stanton for no good reason and starting a beanball war just for the heck of it - no, I don't see that happening.

Throwing at people is dumb.

The difference is that when Dempster drilled ARod, ARod had it coming just for being a douche and everyone including the umpire knew it.
    I'd expect someone (Kimbrel?) to come inside to Stanton but not with the intention of hitting him.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Yup, humor is definitely dead here...
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    The difference is that when Dempster drilled ARod, ARod had it coming just for being a douche and everyone including the umpire knew it.
    I'd expect someone (Kimbrel?) to come inside to Stanton but not with the intention of hitting him.
    Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Drilling Stanton for no good reason and starting a beanball war just for the heck of it - no, I don't see that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Throwing at people is dumb.
    I agree. I was making my comment in jest.

Although pitching high and inside to Stanton does sound like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    Yup, humor is definitely dead here...
    You ain't a rooster poopin' there Brother.