Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start of a Season

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Also this should go without saying, but I laughed super hard at the idea of you setting your hair on fire. As someone who has on more than one occasion burned large chunks of his beard off while lighting a cigarette, I feel your pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Heeey Spud, that would be great! you always will be very welcome. If sometime you visit Mexico City, let me know. I will invite you a bottle of the best tequila made in Jalisco, and a box of cigars from my birth place —Veracruz, Mx.
    I was there last summer. I used to live in Paseos de Taxquena and el sifon off rio churabusco

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I was there last summer. I used to live in Paseos de Taxquena and el sifon off rio churabusco
    Oh that’s great moon. That is in the south of the City. I had a girlfriend who lives in Taxqueña. I live in the north of the City, in Zona Esmeralda. It is actually in the State of Mexico. If you plan to come again soon, let me know, and we probably go and watch a Sox game in a Sports bar or something.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Oh that’s great moon. That is in the south of the City. I had a girlfriend who lives in Taxqueña. I live in the north of the City, in Zona Esmeralda. It is actually in the State of Mexico. If you plan to come again soon, let me know, and we probably go and watch a Sox game in a Sports bar or something.
    My wifewas born in Matamoros but moved to DF early in her life (Villa Olympica). I moved to Meexico in 2004. We were married in Coyocan by the same JOP that married Vincente Fox.

I loved the city and wouldn't mind moving back.

I'll let you know, if we plan another visit.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    My wifewas born in Matamoros but moved to DF early in her life (Villa Olympica). I moved to Meexico in 2004. We were married in Coyocan by the same JOP that married Vincente Fox.

I loved the city and wouldn't mind moving back.

I'll let you know, if we plan another visit.
    The same JOP who married Vicente Fox? Oh boy, Whata coincidence!

Yeah! I love the City too. There’s a lot to do.

Let me know Moon.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    According to Baseball Almanac, they didn't play Cleveland on Opening Day in 68 or 69. Closest was 72, and there was a strike in 72, could that be it?
    I guess. As I said, I don't remember the year. It must have been 1972. I was thinking it must have been 1970 or after but for some reason I had 1968 in my head.

I have had some lousy luck with my head at Fenway. The one time I sat in the left field grandstand, a pigeon shit on my head.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Heeey Spud, that would be great! you always will be very welcome. If sometime you visit Mexico City, let me know. I will invite you a bottle of the best tequila made in Jalisco, and a box of cigars from my birth place —Veracruz, Mx.
    Okay now I have to find a way!

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Also this should go without saying, but I laughed super hard at the idea of you setting your hair on fire. As someone who has on more than one occasion burned large chunks of his beard off while lighting a cigarette, I feel your pain.
    It was ghastly.

You know that smell of your tooth being drilled at the dentist? That is what my hair smelled like. I had no cap so I had to spend the rest of the day walking around with a clump of fused hair on my head.

Take care of that beard!

The same JOP who married Vicente Fox? Oh boy, Whata coincidence!

Yeah! I love the City too. There’s a lot to do.

Let me know Moon.
    Do you think a MLB franchise would work out in Mexico City?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Okay now I have to find a way!
    Yeah! Just let me know Spud. Also, If you haven’t been here, you will love the City!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Do you think a MLB franchise would work out in Mexico City?
    Well, here there are a lot of fans of the game of baseball —and keep growing—, and not only in Mexico City, but across all the Country. Only in Mexico City and the State of Mexico there are 32 M persons approx. It’s a very very big City and a very big market place in Latin America. I can see coming people to watch the games not only from other States of Mexico but from Center America, Caribbe, South America, and even from the US as well. A MLB team could generate tons of direct and indirect jobs, and new businesses.

I have understood that a Slims’ cousin (one of the richest men in the world) is already a stakeholder of the San Diego Padres, and recently has been trying to land a franchise here.

Said that, IMO it would be awsome not only for the fans but for the owners as well.
    Last edited by iortiz; 03-29-2018 at 12:38 AM.