Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Yankee Season Game thread

I still haven't thawed out from being at last night's game. Good win though.

Gray gets burned for nibbling. He’s gotta be better

Sanchez has been a mess behind the plate the last few games, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Sanchez has been a mess behind the plate the last few games, too.
    This has been very noticeable. He will continue to decline defensively as he gets older. He also seems worse without Joe Girardi there.

Sanchez really belongs at 1b or DH but the DH spot is forever gone unless they can turn Stanton into a LF. Brian Cashman really screwed this up.

I disagree about Sanchez. He's still only like 24 or 25 and has improved as a catcher. The passed balls are annoying, but he does catch a lot of pitchers who throw breaking balls with very high spin rates. He has a cannon throwing arm, quick pop up when throwing, above average pitch framing ability, and he calls games pretty well. You don't give up on a young catcher with all of those traits.

Sanchez is good enough behind the dish. The problem is, our pitching has sucked balls. My hope is we figure it out soon and we can put this all behind us. This team is loaded, they need to play like it

Today’s lineup is the first one without a 30+ year old player in 29 years

Andujar is on fire

5-2 in last 7. Sevy and JMont finish the series strong. Offense shows up this series with 23 runs in 4 games. Andujar is hitting the cover off the ball. Torres is up (definite deer in headlights look today, though). Staying home for the Twins, looking to stay hot

Andujar with 7 straight games with an EBH after homering and doubling. Kids nuclear

Austin has very quietly been very good in Bird’s stead. .988 OPS after last night. Those who followed him as a prospect know what he did in the minors. He hit for average and power with a good eye after recovering from a wrist injury that cost him two seasons. His career OPS is up to .814 as well. He’s been listed as a lefty killer, but he very well may end up giving Bird a run for his money. Also, should Bird come back and hit for the power we all expect him to, Austin could also spell the end of Ellsbury. Austin can play the COF’s as well. With Hicks and Gardner capable of playing Cf well and Judge able to pitch in there, Ellsbury’s utility as a backup CFer is effectively gone. Austin won’t Wally Pipp Bird, but he’s definitely bought himself more PT and the Yankees the ability to build Bird up slowly rather than rush him.

Speaking of being Wally Pipp’d, I doubt Drury returns to a solid position. Drury can shift to 2b if Torres falters, but he isn’t taking anything from Andujar. Miggy can hit. Also, I find it funny that Wally Pipp sat out due to headaches and Drury is on the shelf with migraines

Twins, always lubing up just to play the Yankees.

We’ve broken out the last 9 games. And Odorizzi sucks in Yankee stadium. Plus, the offense is waking up and Tanaka settles down. If Andujar and Torres are the real deal this year, this offense will be absolutely incredible

Legend
    Saw Andujar last year when he was with Trenton, I knew this kid is going to be something special. He doesn't strike out much either. Give him some more time in the Majors, he's your 3rd baseman of the future.
    We've got Devers, you Andujar, this is going to be good for a long time.

Andujar is the rare free swinger who makes solid contact. He also has ridiculous plate coverage. Reminds me of a Vlad type approach. Nose to toes and add 6 inches on each side of the plate and that’s what this kid can hit