Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Yankee Season Game thread

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    The boos for Stanton are raining down hard at the Stadium and rumors are swirling about dropping him in the batting order. As with everything else, I know it's early but oh man does this just rock my world.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Marlins are terrible. Yankees just played one of the worst all around games I can ever remember seeing.

Red Sox look like the class of the AL at the moment. But the hater in me feels like they're just blowing their load early.
    One can only hope

The amazing Harold Reynolds thinks the Yankees may need to do something about the hitting background in the Stadium because Stanton seems to have trouble seeing the ball there.

Harold Reynolds was too busy chatting up the ladies to think straight. If Judge and Didi can murder balls there, Stanton can too. Boone is showing his moron side btw. You cannot keep Stanton after the OBP machines at the top and before Didi who is hitting like Babe Ruth. If Stanton doesn't mercifully K, he is chopping a ball to SS for an easy DP. I'd move Stanton down to #7 and tell him to get his shit straight and not worry about it. It isn't like the bottom of the order is killing it right now
    Hal sucks

Against good right hand pitching , Stanton is bailing like a ball shy Little Leaguer. Some really ugly swings. Overall , the Yankees are banged up and somewhat overrated. Red Sox may have a cakewalk to the division.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Against good right hand pitching , Stanton is bailing like a ball shy Little Leaguer. Some really ugly swings. Overall , the Yankees are banged up and somewhat overrated. Red Sox may have a cakewalk to the division.
    IF you guys keep playing like this it'll be a cakewalk, regardless of who else is in the division. But you won't keep playing like this. Every team looks unbeatable during its hot streaks.

The Yankees have looked like dogshit for the most part and are still at .500. At some point they're going to go on a winning streak and they'll also look unbeatable. In the end it'll come down to who had the more consistent season.

When Ortiz struggled, it took 2 months for Francona to take him out the 3-hole. He didn't hit a HR till June, finished the season with almost 30HR. 2 weeks and Stanton is about to be move to the 7-hole lol. Your team is averaging 6 runs per game. Your starting pitching is the concern, not Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    When Ortiz struggled, it took 2 months for Francona to take him out the 3-hole. He didn't hit a HR till June, finished the season with almost 30HR. 2 weeks and Stanton is about to be move to the 7-hole lol. Your team is averaging 6 runs per game. Your starting pitching is the concern, not Stanton.
    I agree with you, Stanton has been in the league for 7 seasons, he will be ok. He should be moved a little in the order, but not all the way to 7th in the order, maybe move up Didi and Gary then Stanton in the 5th hole

"On this date last year Stanton was batting .226 with 3 HR and a .715 OPS. He wound up winning the NL MVP"

Alex Putterman @alexputterman

Betances has altered his approach. His spin rate dropped down to average and his average FB dropped down to 96 down from 97.5. Now, he is going to that breaking ball to get ahead and is running high fastballs up there to finish guys off. I like the change in approach.
    Hal sucks

BTW, it should be Gleyber time. Wade just isn't ready.
    Hal sucks

Robertson's turn to blow it. WTF
    Hal sucks

Good win today. The pen was really solid. Robertson nearly blew it but got some key strikeouts. Chapman was over 100mph and was dominant. Green was dominant. CC wasn't terrible in his return from the DL. Judge and Gardy continue to have good ABs. Stanton was making better contact and had good ABs but he was just a bit off on a few mistakes that he should hit out. We absolutely need to bring up Gleyber. Wade has been worse than a pitcher hitting at the plate.
    Hal sucks

Some more Houdini from Robertson, we were used to it

Robertson is following a long line of Yankee pitchers who can pitch backwards. He couldn't locate the cutter or his 4 seamer, but his breaking ball, he was locating with ease. Fine. I used to go to my breaking ball when I couldn't locate. It forced you to keep your shoulder in longer and would correct your mechanics. Regardless, good Houdini magic. Otherwise, dominant performance from Green, Betances and Chap. Good win
    Hal sucks