Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 4/1 @ Rays

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Are we really complaining because JD Martinez hasn't hit a homer yet? Jesus Christ
    JD is going to be just fine - Benintendi, Ramirez, JBJ, Vazquez, Leon - need to produce as well as others - hope it happens.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It’s only been 4 games.
    Be a good series to get going against the Marlins. When we play the Yankees the pitching will be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    When will we see these men actually be the players we expected ? 4 games in and counting .
    You are one caffeinated hombre, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Horrible call by the 3b coach sending Holt home with 1 out, a hard hit single to RF (strongest arm), and JD coming to bat.
    In most cases, I can defend the decision as being 'aggressive', but in this case, I agree that it was a bad decision.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    In most cases, I can defend the decision as being 'aggressive', but in this case, I agree that it was a bad decision.
    I think that Holt would have still been out if the throw had not been on target but that was a pretty good play out there in right field. It just looked off the bat that you would probably not send the runner from second unless he had great speed. I knew that Holt was not what we would call a speedster but he did look pretty slow to me. I was surprised at that. Still could be valuable going forward but I hope for his sake that the call is a little easier when they send him next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    You are one caffeinated hombre, my friend.
    Oh fuck I am laughing. Maybe he is the Cornhollio of Sox nation.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I think that Holt would have still been out if the throw had not been on target but that was a pretty good play out there in right field. It just looked off the bat that you would probably not send the runner from second unless he had great speed. I knew that Holt was not what we would call a speedster but he did look pretty slow to me. I was surprised at that. Still could be valuable going forward but I hope for his sake that the call is a little easier when they send him next time.
    It was indisputably a bad call because there was just one out with the bases loaded at the moment Holt touched 3b. Plus the 3b coach gets to poach down the line to make the call at the last possible moment, which was when it became clear Holt would be in trouble.