Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Just a small little thing I hate

I hate how all the team websites are standardized. They are all the same and they all have next to NO information on them. I liked it so much more, what was it, 3 years ago when every team had their own unique one. I remember the sox one said "ladies and gentleman boys and girls, welcome to fenway park". That was good!

Bring 'em back!

Well now all the team websites are run by MLB.com so we're not gonna get the quality insider stuff we did before. I'm not too disappointed though considering there are still tons of great Sox sites on the web.
    Baseball isn't life and death but the Red Sox are.

Originally posted by yeszir@Apr 2 2004, 10:56 PM
    I hate how all the team websites are standardized. They are all the same and they all have next to NO information on them. I liked it so much more, what was it, 3 years ago when every team had their own unique one. I remember the sox one said "ladies and gentleman boys and girls, welcome to fenway park". That was good!

Bring 'em back!
    Yeah, I don't care for the standardized ones at all.

It also seems like all they want to do is sell you stuff, whether it be live games or stupid jerseys.

Yeah, it's obvious MLB is trying to squeeze out every possible dollar that they can make. Not really surprising, lol.

Originally posted by yeszir@Apr 2 2004, 11:13 PM
    It also seems like all they want to do is sell you stuff, whether it be live games or stupid jerseys.
    Yeah, and with that said, they always want you to sign up for everything so they can get your email address and then try to sell you stuff.
    Baseball isn't life and death but the Red Sox are.

Originally posted by yeszir@Apr 2 2004, 10:56 PM

Bring 'em back!
    i miss that quote on the website i remember i kept going back and back like every 30 seconds just to hear it
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry