Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Boston

Single A
    Did you know there's a Boston here in the UK. It's in a county called Lincolnshire.

They have a football (soccer) team called Boston United. See here if you're interested:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/default.stm

Aaron

I'm pretty sure our Boston was named after your Boston as the trend seems to be in the U.S. I like the Red Sox more than the Boston United though.

Its weird thinking that there's another Boston. That one seems so.... foreign. I guess thats because it is, but you get my point.

Surprised that we don't live in New Boston like New England, New York, and New Jersey :huh:

Rookie
    I wasn't aware of an English Boston. Hmmm. I guess I'll have to visit sometime, and hand our Red Sox hats.
    Ortizzle my nizzle

Major Leaguer
    A lot of towns in England are towns in Massachusetts....like there is a Swansea UK and a Swansea MA, which is where i live

Triple A
    You know there is a Florida, Mass. Unfortunately, no palm trees or coconuts. :-/

All-Star
    Originally posted by Tek04@Apr 28 2004, 06:33 PM
    A lot of towns in England are towns in Massachusetts....like there is a Swansea UK and a Swansea MA, which is where i live
    Woo Hoo! Go Southeastern Massachusetts! Home of the RemDawg, former Dodger Greg Gagne and failed Red Sox prospect Brian Rose! I'm a "Southeastern Massachusetts refugee currently stationed in Boston", as I like to call myself.

I lay my redsox roots in southeastern Mass as well.
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

All-Star
    Originally posted by Benny9Sox7@May 9 2004, 07:48 AM
    I lay my redsox roots in southeastern Mass as well.
    Oh yeah, that makes three of us on here so far. But I&#39;m probably the only Portagee (localized slang for a person of Portuguese descent).