Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Over/unders

Over/unders

I think it is only fitting that the first prop bet should be the number of games Ohtani is suspended, or perhaps the amount of the fine, or the number of words in the reprimand.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    In that case, I'll go w/ the unders on #1 and #2, but I'm having my interpreter go BIG on the overs on #3.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Why would Ohtani be suspended or fined?

Unless of course he was involved, and perhaps I'm missing something here but by all accounts he was not.

I'll take the under on everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Why would Ohtani be suspended or fined?

Unless of course he was involved, and perhaps I'm missing something here but by all accounts he was not.

I'll take the under on everything.
    The original statement was "Ohtani wired money to cover the interpreter's 4.5M debt." Since that's a crime, lawyers stepped in to tell them to stop saying that and change the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Now the translator's resume (degree from UC Riverside, and time working for both the RS and Yankees) is reported to be completely fabricated--good news for Ohtani and those of us here who want to see this phenom play.

[LATER: I find his extensive statement today completely credible, and consistent with everything (which isn't much) that we know of him.]
    Last edited by jad; 03-25-2024 at 04:58 PM.