Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig Breslow= Chaim Bloom pt 2.

Craig Breslow= Chaim Bloom pt 2.

Well now it should be obvious that whoever is in charge that John Henry has put the financial shackles on the payroll. Enjoy your 3-5 years Craig because you don't have a chance in hell at doing any better than your predecessor.

Great thread. A lot of effort put in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Have to give Breslow a fair shot. He's made some good moves given the constraints he seems to be under. You can make sense of what he's doing at least. That wasn't always the case with Bloom.

I'm optimistic about Breslow, and still pissed at Henry.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

History repeating itself here on Talksox.

Blame the GM for not spending money not provided.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

that was my exact point in starting this thread. Maybe you missed the point--this was not on Bloom and it won't be on Breslow. 100% on John Henry. Face RSN John. YOU and YOU ALONE are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Great thread. A lot of effort put in here.
    what--you didn't get my point?

Deity

That wasn’t what he was saying at all, but you were so quick to defend that BLOOMING idiot who had enough money to go over the CBT, sign an injured Story, and outbid EVERYONE for Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    That wasn’t what he was saying at all, but you were so quick to defend that BLOOMING idiot who had enough money to go over the CBT, sign an injured Story, and outbid EVERYONE for Yoshida.
    Well, who can't see Red's point here... and what boss wouldn't look at Bloom's two most costliest free agent signings at the end of 2022 and say, "Chaim... we gotta talk."

Bloom: "I know, they're awe-" John Heinie: "They blow!"

This was after the owner looked over at third base and the player he was persuaded to pay more money than anyone in Red Sox history... who leads the majors in errors the past five years (and those only include the ones official scorers charged him with).

And then the replacement CBO spends more money on a pitcher than Bloom ever did -- a starter with a borderline 5 ERA the past two years -- with an opt-out he'll use if he's actually good... but the guy needs an elbow operation and is lost for at least this season. Of course, JH still has to pay him the full salary.

Is it really any wonder why Boston's owner has just put an absolute freeze on the budget?

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Well, who can't see Red's point here... and what boss wouldn't look at Bloom's two most costliest free agent signings at the end of 2022 and say, "Chaim... we gotta talk."

This was after the owner looked over at third base and the player he was persuaded to pay more money than anyone in Red Sox history... who leads the majors in errors the past five years (and those only include the ones official scorers charged him with).

And then the replacement CBO spends more money on a pitcher than Bloom ever did -- a starter with a borderline 5 ERA the past two years -- with an opt-out he'll use if he's actually good... but the guy needs an elbow operation and is lost for at least this season. Of course, JH still has to pay him the full salary.

Is it really any wonder why Boston's owner has just put an absolute freeze on the budget?
    I still don’t get the Gio signing. If the Red Sox wasn’t going to do anything else why spend $18M on a pitcher that now goes close to $40M. Speaking of $40M that’s pretty much what the Red Sox are paying JT, Sale, and Gio this year. I’m sure JH is just thrilled with that.🙈🤭

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I still don’t get the Gio signing. If the Red Sox wasn’t going to do anything else why spend $18M on a pitcher that now goes close to $40M. Speaking of $40M that’s pretty much what the Red Sox are paying JT, Sale, and Gio this year. I’m sure JH is just thrilled with that.����
    I never got it.

But it's Opening Day, and today, I'm settling all family business. In various texts this offseason, I have defended Red Sox players, the manager, coaches, the last three CBOs and the owner...

... all except Sam Kennedy -- but for him, we have a plan ticket to Vegas, and there's a car waiting to drive him to the airport. Clemenza is sitting in the backseat.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post

Poor John. The franchise is only worth $5.5 billion or something absurd like that now.

As usual, we're the ones who pay for all of it.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Poor John. The franchise is only worth $5.5 billion or something absurd like that now.

As usual, we're the ones who pay for all of it.
    I’ve been saying for 3 yrs now that JH has used up his usefulness, and it was time to sell, and move on, but I kept hearing be careful what you wish for. I guess you can’t please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Sox View Post
    that was my exact point in starting this thread. Maybe you missed the point--this was not on Bloom and it won't be on Breslow. 100% on John Henry. Face RSN John. YOU and YOU ALONE are the problem.
    Then, this should be the title of your thread, IMO.

(I don't entirely agree with that, either, but another year or two of this, and I will.)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

This board spent years complaining about how Bloom was horrible for this franchise and the reason the Sox sucked. There was a CABAL of posters that supported the CBO because they were PAID BY THE FO but were routinely berated by the haters.

But I'm supposed to see this post as only being critical of John Henry?
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

This board spent years complaining about how Bloom was horrible for this franchise and the reason the Sox sucked. There was a CABAL of posters that supported the CBO because they were PAID BY THE FO but were routinely berated by the haters.

But I'm supposed to see this post as only being critical of John Henry?
    JH putting the shackles on the payroll for whoever was in charge was the main clue. It certainly wasn’t blaming Bloom for not having the money to spend. The PBA still lives on here as do the Bloom Bashers.