Register now to remove this ad

Thread: May 3 @ Minneapolis-St Paul, 8:10 pm

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    What??? No love for the ferocious M. Fornieles? Ike Delock? Tom Brewer???
    The simple fact that you name at least 3 of my bothood Sox favorites on the mound makes JAD a winner in the game of life. Ike Delock was a machine, but Tom Brewer often was a pinchrunner in late innings.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    The simple fact that you name at least 3 of my bothood Sox favorites on the mound makes JAD a winner in the game of life. Ike Delock was a machine, but Tom Brewer often was a pinchrunner in late innings.
    What about Dave Morehead and Bill Momboquette? Both pitched no hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    What about Dave Morehead and Bill Momboquette? Both pitched no hitters.
    As did Earl Wilson.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    As did Earl Wilson.

Earl had some power at the plate also. I saw him hit a couple of balls out by the monuments at the old Yankem stadium.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 05-03-2024 at 09:11 PM.

Earl had some power at the plate also. I saw him hit a couple of balls out by the monuments at the old Yankem stadium.
    He did indeed! But not as much as my favorite pitcher, Jerry Casales. (And didn't the weak-hitting Raddatz even hit one? or maybe what I'm recalling is he once incredibly hit a ball off the wall?)

(I had forgotten about Brewer's pinch-running: I'm amazed that I could even come up with the name.)
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Deity
    Earl pitched the first game I ever saw at Fenway, which I believe was 1965, and hit a HR his first time up as did Yaz.

Deity
    Speaking of stupid, that's how Rafaela looked in his latest at bat. Three called strikes for the K.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Speaking of stupid, that's how Rafaela looked in his latest at bat. Three called strikes for the K.
    And yet he leads this team in RBI. That should have given us a hint that reality was gonna show up sooner rather than later and here we are.

"Uwasawa puddy cat. I deed, I deed."--Tweety Bird
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 05-03-2024 at 09:30 PM.

Deity
    And yet he leads this team in RBI. That should have given us a hint that reality was gonna show up sooner rather than later and here we are.
    Actually, I like Rafaela. I'm just pissed off about the game and especially Mr Stupid McGuire.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Actually, I like Rafaela. I'm just pissed off about the game and especially Mr Stupid McGuire.
    I'm pretty sure he was checking for a foreign substance on his throwing hand.