Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MFY

Eh, lets just bitch and moan here. A-rod's overrated anyway.

I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. I hate George Steinbrenner and his fat wallet and getting all the great talent. I hate Jeter and his girl attracting and clutch hitting ways. I hate A-Rod for not offering to play 2B for the Sox. I hate Giambi for looking like he's been on steroids and now he suddenly got off the juice. I hate Rivera because he was the ALCS MVP. I hate Matsui because of all the money he's bringing to the Yankees because of all the the Japanese fans. I hate Quantrill because he's been dominating so far. I hate Kenny Lofton because he's got a big mouth. I hate Gary Sheffield for the same reason. I hate Posada for his shitty little bloop double. I hate Mussina for almost throwing a perfect game at Fenway and would've if it weren't for the non dino believer. I hate Brown because he was a former Marlin and took the money to San Diego. I hate Contreras because he's most likely lying about his age. I hate Enrique Wilson because of the bad press he brought the Manny. And last but not least I hate Tony Clark for his suckiness with the Sox.
    Baseball isn't life and death but the Red Sox are.

you guys are lucky! your in boston were their are tons of sox fans ,here in NJ im like the only member of Red Sox nation in a sea of pinstripes. And o yeah Arod is soooooo overated so is jeter and giambi

thats gonna be good that you live in NJ when the sox win the world series this year, beating the yanks in the ALCS
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

Originally posted by Rutgers sox@Apr 3 2004, 11:50 PM
    you guys are lucky&#33; your in boston were their are tons of sox fans ,here in NJ im like the only member of Red Sox nation in a sea of pinstripes. And o yeah Arod is soooooo overated so is jeter and giambi
    I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll eventually find someone else, maybe even with the help of these boards&#33; But I feel your pain, I have an entire group of friends who are yankee fans and who refuse to listen to any argument. The only words out of their mouths EVER are 1918, Babe Ruth, Aaron Boone, and A-Rod. :angry:

Trust me, it wasn&#39;t a picnic living here in Florida during the ALCS. There are som many bandwagoning Yankee fans here. But now that the Sox looked so improved, a lot of people are jumping on the Sox bandwagon.
    Baseball isn&#39;t life and death but the Red Sox are.

Originally posted by dirtdogman5@Apr 4 2004, 10:33 AM
    Trust me, it wasn&#39;t a picnic living here in Florida during the ALCS. There are som many bandwagoning Yankee fans here. But now that the Sox looked so improved, a lot of people are jumping on the Sox bandwagon.
    Bah, we dont want bandwagoners&#33; We want real fans. Thats what we have for the most part.

Also, about the yankees and for anyone who gets SI, if you look at all the state by state breakdowns, the yankees are always one of the top 3 baseball teams, even in a farawar state like Wyoming.

And another question on that. Have they done Massachusetts yet? I&#39;ve been looking for it but I&#39;m afraid I missed it.

I don&#39;t think they&#39;ve done Massachusetts yet, but I don&#39;t know for sure.

Triple A
    Dave: You have Yankee loving friends? I hope not ones that I know...

If Mass did a poll on the three worst things in the world it would probably be something like this:

1. Yankees
    2. Saddam Hussein
    3. George W. Bush

Originally posted by Sinix@Apr 4 2004, 02:34 PM
    Dave: You have Yankee loving friends? I hope not ones that I know...

If Mass did a poll on the three worst things in the world it would probably be something like this:

1. Yankees
    2. Saddam Hussein
    3. George W. Bush
    Hussein wouldn&#39;t be in the top 3, maybe bin laden, but not Hussein. After all, he didnt really do anything to us, despite what the conservatives say. But I agree with the list in principle.

As for my yankee friends, its unfortunate, but no one you know.

I have Yankee loving friends too. They know my passion for the Sox and their passion for the MFY isn&#39;t even close to my passion. I now have a few less MFY loving friends after Game 7. I held on to the friends that didn&#39;t shove it in my face.
    Baseball isn&#39;t life and death but the Red Sox are.

All-Star
    I hate getting into an argument with a Yankee fan. Whenever I make a good point, they always come back with, "When&#39;s the last time you&#39;ve won a championship?" It&#39;s really friggin irritating.

i think that happens to everyone, i feel bad for my bro down at college, he goes to sacred heart university down in conn....... and he has an appartment wit 7 yankee lovers.... tell me thats not bad

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

Rookie
    I had a "friend" who went to school at NYU a few years ago. He was a sox fan, but he got converted.......to a ......yankees fan&#33; Its painful to say. How in the hell could that happen, i know. But now he&#39;s just a "friend".
    Ortizzle my nizzle

how could someone join the dark side..... really thouht how could u b a sox fan and then switch, thats jus crazy

-Dave Barry