Register now to remove this ad

Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Talksox.com movie thread

Re: The official Talksox.com movie thread

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;259043;
    ive heard better than 40 year old virgin...
    is that really possible??? I just don't know, without steve carroll i can't see it being better.
    Ain't no thiing, but a chicken wiing
    http://www.projectwasted.com/upload/.../kobe_dunk.jpg

Deity

I wouldn't say it's more hilarious than 40 YOV, but I think it's clearly the better movie.

Seth Rogen is awesome and Katherine Heigl is a fox.

Legend

Just saw Children of Men. Went to the McDonald's Redbox -- which is all that McDonald's is good for, by the way -- and I remembered the positive reviews I'd seen for it on here and decided to check it out. Great movie -- I found it a little confusing in the very beginning but it came together rather quickly turned out to be a very, very good movie. I loved the single shot sequences, especially the one where he's going through the street and building while the war is breaking out. I'd recommend the movie to anyone who's yet to see it.

Edit: Also, I saw Ocean's Thirteen on June 8th (opening night). I couldn't wait for that to come up since the first two are among my favorite movies, especially Ocean's Eleven. Thirteen was good -- about what I expected. Better than the second, not nearly as good as the first. Hard for a movie to not be good with a cast like that.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Major Leaguer

I agree with you about Oceans 13. I friggin loved Oceans 11, liked Oceans 12 because it came after Oceans 11, and Oceans 13 was in the middle. Did you feel like you didnt really take anything from 13 though. To me it felt very "empty", it's hard to explain.
    DeadHead

How you doin'? -Jerry Remy

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDonut;263646;
    I agree with you about Oceans 13. I friggin loved Oceans 11, liked Oceans 12 because it came after Oceans 11, and Oceans 13 was in the middle. Did you feel like you didnt really take anything from 13 though. To me it felt very "empty", it's hard to explain.
    The first one, Oceans Eleven, was brilliant. It was just funny enough -- not overly funny. The other two were the same way, but I don't think the humor is as "smart", for lack of a better term in those two. In addition to that, the scheme itself was brilliant and well thought out and went beyond just rigging games -- I didn't feel that was about the scheme for Ocean's Thirteen. Eleven went beyond what you'd expect for a scheme, and just rigging the games. I guess that's what I liked so much.

But yeah, definetely better than the second, not even close to the first. Then again, the first is one of my five favorite movies ever.

Super Moderator

What are the other four?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;264002;
    What are the other four?
    Boondock Saints, Fight Club, the Shawshank Redemption, The Big Lebowski are four of my other favorites. It'd be tough to make a top five that I could say are my favorites since I'm sure I'm forgetting a few movies. Requiem for a Dream would be up there, too.

Just saw The Departed.

Unbelievable. Certaintly worthy of its four Oscars.

Major Leaguer

We just went and saw Live Free or Die Hard, and I must say I was sufficiently impressed. I was worried it would suck, because the previews kinda made it look gay, but it was really good. Definitely worth going to the theater to see.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;271637;
    Just saw The Departed.

Unbelievable. Certaintly worthy of its four Oscars.
    Yeah, I saw that one in the theater twice. I love the ending.

Fenway Resident

I just saw transformers... all i can say is wow. The special effects of them transforming is out of this world, Megan Fox (where did she come from? ), felt like the story line was being rushed to. Kind of understandable, considering many that see this will not have a good length of knowledge of the transformers universe. All in all, in my opinion, you will be pleased with the movie and it ends nicely with obvious suggestions toward a sequel

IMO I'll be surprised if this doesnt approach $300 million
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

I just saw The Chronicles of Narnia. I loved this movie! I thought going in it was going to be a total kids flick, and even though it may be, as an adult I was completely into it (that's impressive enough). It was like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Wizard of Oz all rolled into one.

The special effects were unbelievable but they didn't distract from the story. Whatever they call those man/horse things were just incredibly well done.

If anyone stayed away because they thought it was a kiddy movie, don't.

Super Moderator

Did Evan Almighty come out yesterday or has it been out for a week or so? Anyway...has anyone seen it yet? I heard it was hilarious.

Fenway Resident

Nah "Schil" I havent seen it yet. I figure its been out for a few weeks now, been wanting to see it tho

As anyone heard about the untitled JJ Abrams monster movie? This is steadily building buzz mostly because everying is being tight-lipped about it, even the plot line. For now its just being referred to as the date it will be released. 1-18-08, I am intrigued

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KQWFOgvPE20
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRooter;273859;
    I just saw The Chronicles of Narnia. I loved this movie! I thought going in it was going to be a total kids flick, and even though it may be, as an adult I was completely into it (that's impressive enough). It was like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Wizard of Oz all rolled into one.

The special effects were unbelievable but they didn't distract from the story. Whatever they call those man/horse things were just incredibly well done.

If anyone stayed away because they thought it was a kiddy movie, don't.
    Made for a great SNL skit. The Chronic-WHAT?-cles of Narnia.

Yep. That's my contribution.

edit: I guess I'll make an actual contribution, actually. My roommates were trying to convince me to get tickets to Harry Potter with them. One of them, an attractive female, loves the whole Harry Potter series and the other, a male, does not. However, he is so ridiculously whipped by said girl, even though they're not dating and more than likely never will, that he agreed to see it with her. I politely said "fuuuuuuck no!", because that kind of stuff ain't my cup of tea. I guess if anyone is interested in seeing it, I'll ask them how it was and then relay the info.