Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Talksox.com movie thread

All-Star

Re: The official Talksox.com movie thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sox fan in Tex
    Please tell me that I'm not the only one that thinks "Napolean Dinamite" (sp?) is overrated.
    yeah, definately overrated. the humor is dry. i mean, yeah it's funny if you think and talk about it. but during the movie it wasn't that great imo. it was more annoying than funny.

it had a couple goodlines, nothing to drool over like everyone is doing.

john
    Most dominant pitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    The A's are going to finish dead last this year in the AL West.
    They won't win the AL West for the next 3 years, the Angels will definaltly be on top of them.
    If you are stupid, I will make fun of you. :harhar:

Quote Originally Posted by Sox fan in Tex
    Please tell me that I'm not the only one that thinks "Napolean Dinamite" (sp?) is overrated.
    Agreed. I really didn't see it. It was so hyped up, I should have expected to be let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Radgeta
    You should watch "The Manchurian Candidate" I liked the movie.
    I liked the old one better.
    Go knicks
    "Trot Nixon, what's that? I thought it was a racehorse." --Reggie Jackson

Major Leaguer

Napoleon Dynamite is a movie that is men among boys. Flippin idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox Rule
    Napoleon Dynamite is a movie that is men among boys. Flippin idiots!
    Nay, you must expand your movie watching horizons.

Is anyone a member of netflix, by any chance? Maybe we can all "friend" each other and write our own mini reviews over there. That would be cool.

Good Movies: American Pie 1-2/Wedding, Road Trip, Euro Trip, Old School, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Big Daddy, Office Space, Dumb and Dumber, Scary Movie 1, 2, and 3, Austin Powers (all 3), Malibus Most Wanted. But the best of all, Hardball. I remember the first time I saw that. The school had lost power, and we were all bunched in the cafeteria. Finally around 9:30 the power hadnt come on and they sent us home. I then watched it, and I found out it was the greatest movie ever.

I just saw Coach Carter yesterday. Good movie. Without Samuel L. Jackson it wouldn't be as good but I really liked it. But if you don't like basketball you probably wouldn't like it.

My all time favorite movie is John Q with Denzel Washington. He's my favorite actor too. You can't see John Q too many times. Have you guys seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by DOrtiz4prez
    My all time favorite movie is John Q with Denzel Washington. He's my favorite actor too. You can't see John Q too many times. Have you guys seen it?
    I think I saw it on an airplane, but I don't remember liking it too much. To each his own, maybe I'll have to watch it again.

All-Star

Meh, John Q was only good because of Denzel. He's an incredible actor, but I just didn't think much of the movie.

So this is what my netflix queue looks like right now, Being John Malkovich and The Office Disc 1 on on their way.

[QUOTE=yeszir]So this is what my netflix queue looks like right now, Being John Malkovich I'm getting netfilx next week.
    Go knicks
    "Trot Nixon, what's that? I thought it was a racehorse." --Reggie Jackson

Major Leaguer

yea i agree that The Manchurian Canidate (The old one) is real good
    "In Kazhakstan we have many hobbies: disco dancing, archery, rape and table tennis..."-Borat

Sudan Genocide: Its happening right now...does the media care? http://www.darfurgenocide.org/

Major Leaguer

I hope most of you guys, by the way, are in college and high because i am seeing WAY too much harold and kumar praise, the movie wasnt that good at all i didnt find it very funny
    "In Kazhakstan we have many hobbies: disco dancing, archery, rape and table tennis..."-Borat

Sudan Genocide: Its happening right now...does the media care? http://www.darfurgenocide.org/

Quote Originally Posted by DOrtiz4prez
    I just saw Coach Carter yesterday. Good movie. Without Samuel L. Jackson it wouldn't be as good but I really liked it. But if you don't like basketball you probably wouldn't like it.

I saw Coach Carter the other day too. Personally I thought it was an amazing movie kind of like modern day Hoosiers I would recomend anyone to go see it.
    "These guys need to make a descision right now, are they gonna be winners? Or are they gonna be like Alex Rodriguez?" -Dickie V during Pitt vs. Uconn

Definitely.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3...on/coachcarter

That is just like a comparison of what happened in the movie and what happened in real life. It's a great story. I'd like to meet the real coach carter but he seems a little too strict. He calls everybody sir... no offense yeszir.