Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Francona

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar
    I think it already has (see the 2 losses based on bullpen tiredness). Back to tonight, the game's not over yet (or the season), but I'm wondering why we never gave thought to Mazzilli... He's a winner, proven too. He has Yankee "inside info". Does the Red Sox hatrid of the Yankees cloud what Theo is doing? We NEVER deal with them, and I like that but.... What could Mazzilli do with this lineup?- we'll never know.

uhh...

Mueller just flied out to the track - great. I thought it was over. DAMMIT.

Well, great. Arroyo is in (#5 scheduled for Patriots day...) and he just gave up a homer. WOW, O's have their "closer" up - I'm not feeling so good. BTW, if the Sox tie it in the bottom of the 11th, who's gonna pitch the 12th?

BTW, the Yanks are in town tomorrow.

Now Castillo's on. WOOHOO. Frankona is an idiot.

What I love the most now is that, even though they had the last 3 days off, the bullpen will be gassed again before the second game of the Yankee series. Great.

Rookie
    Francona's worrying me. I just made a post in today's game thread about that dumbass decision to leave Williamson in against Posada. Nothing bad came of it, but it was still a bonehead idea in my mind.
    Ortizzle my nizzle

Like RedSoxRooter just pointed out, he's really really overusing the bullpen. He seems to be bringing in an uneccesary amount of pitchers when one or two could and would get the job done nicely.