Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Best Pizza in Massachusetts.

  1. #1

    Best Pizza in Massachusetts.

    Just wondering, where have you been and what do you consider the best?

    For me, Pizzeria Regina in the North End is the best Pizza in Massachusetts. Its also better than any pizza ive had in NYC. Iv'e never been is John's on Bleecker St though. Hear they are the best in NYC. In comparison to the other "major" place in Boston, Santarpios of East Boston, I think Regina is wayyyy better.

    Some of the others:

    Montes, Lynn MA: Place is a dive, but they have a great bar pizza.
    Cape Cod Cafe, Brockton MA: IMO, the best bar pizza I have had.
    Bianchis, Revere Beach: They are good, a little overhyped though.
    Tripoli Pizza, Lawrence MA/Salisbury MA: "Beach Pizza" If you are from Connecticut, it most resembles what you guys call "shingles".
    Supinos, Danvers MA: Best buffalo chicken pizza I have other had. Nothing even remotely compares.
    Nicks Pizza, Newburyport MA: "tray" pizza. Thicker crust, square slices, cooked in a rectangular baking tray. Very good.
    Town Spa, Stoughton MA: bar pizza. Very good. Not as good as Cape Cod, might be a little better than Montes in Lynn
    Galleria Umberto, North End Boston: Might be my second favorite place. Only open for lunch, and only open until they sell out. Tray Pizza, square slices.
    Last edited by SCM33; 12-06-2017 at 10:43 PM.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  2. #2
    One bite.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    One bite.
    Apparently, you know the rules.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  4. #4
    Domino's!

    *runs away*


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Domino's!

    *runs away*
    Damnit Youk. We are tyring to have an intelligent pizza conversation. How dare you....
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Apparently, you know the rules.
    That I do.

    I wish that I could nominate a few. I don't get around all that much.

    The best pizza I have had was in St. Petersburg, Russia. And it's not even close. Strange as it sounds the best of Europe in many ways can be found in that city. I had outstanding pizza in three separate places.

    The first one was my second night in Russia and I was part way through eating the Pizza with my girl when I had to pee. I asked where the "WC" was and I was told to go through that door. Mid way through my piss a group of about 20 or so middle aged babushka types storm into the room from a door leading to building facing away from the pizza place on the next block. The old broads got a big kick out of the circumcised Amerikanski!

    Anyway, On this continent the best I had were in Ventura Cal., and South Hampton, NY.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    For me, Pizzeria Regina in the North End is the best Pizza in Massachusetts.
    It's been a few years since I've lived in MA, so I'm probably not qualified to have an opinion any more, but this would be my vote as well based on my recollection.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

  8. #8
    Ernesto's in the North End.

    Best bar pizza: Town Spa (but I don't really dig bar pizza).

    Best pizza closest to my house: none. Maybe Sal and Mal's in Foxborough.

    I've found 2 different places near my mother in laws in FL that have much better pizza than anything in Bristol/Norfolk counties.

    I'd trade all of the above for pizza from some of the places I'd go to in Bensonhurst.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  9. #9
    There's a newish Cape Cod Pizza in Easton. I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow night.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  10. #10
    Cape Cod is pretty fantastic.

    Never really a fan of Ernesto’s

  11. #11
    subthread: Worst Pizza in New York.

    Many years ago, my wife and I went to John's in Times Square because the reputation was really good. We waited roughly 11 million years for a table and the pizza was so unremarkable that I had forgotten what I'd eaten within a few days.

    Also: Domino's.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    subthread: Worst Pizza in New York.

    Many years ago, my wife and I went to John's in Times Square because the reputation was really good. We waited roughly 11 million years for a table and the pizza was so unremarkable that I had forgotten what I'd eaten within a few days.

    Also: Domino's.
    Sober, any of the .99 cent slice places.

    Drunk......you could give me white bread with ketchup and american cheese and call it pizza.

    .99 cent pizza is great at 4 am after a long night.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  13. #13
    El Pres at Barstoolesports does a daily pizza review in NYC and has expanded the franchise to other locals when he travels.

    It is predictably sophomoric but entertaining as fuck.

    He posts it on Facebook and it is a riot most days.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  14. #14
    Well those that really know realize that there are two pizza joints in New Haven that make the best pizza in this country.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Well those that really know realize that there are two pizza joints in New Haven that make the best pizza in this country.
    I've heard that they are supremely overrated so I've never bothered stopping by.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •