Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Minor League organizational rankings

Evil Emperor

2004 Minor League organizational rankings

i was just browsing through the Yankees media guide yesterday and noticed that the Yankees were ranked 10th IN FRONT of the Red Sox who were either 14th or 16th...i just thought i would inform you guys considering you guys are always talking about how bad our farm system is.

Re: 2004 Minor League organizational rankings

Unpossible. Tell us who your best prospects are again?

Fenway Resident

???

yeaa about that, (1) was in the Yankee media guide and (2) everyone on ESPN and every other sports outlet there is; have been touting that Yankees had nothing to offer for big trades because of their depleted farm system
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6
    i was just browsing through the Yankees media guide yesterday and noticed that the Yankees were ranked 10th IN FRONT of the Red Sox who were either 14th or 16th...i just thought i would inform you guys considering you guys are always talking about how bad our farm system is.
    I don't blame you for thinking that one media source is right, but you have to consider the source.

BTW

It's better to keep your mouth shut so people think your an idiot, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

"Walt Whitman"
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

FOX said we have the 2nd best farm system in the AL East, you have the 5th as in last.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by yankeessuck013
    FOX said we have the 2nd best farm system in the AL East, you have the 5th as in last.
    maybe thats this year without Navarro, but thats what the book said.

And BTW...i doubt the Yankees made this up, this came from the official rankings, just get over it and stop crying about it.

Yo Crespo, get over your feelings about a guy who was up and down between Boston and Pawtucket last year and is now in Nashville with the Pirates, get a new name...Idiot

I'm sitting here at work, bored. So I'm going to compare position by position. Red Sox vs Yankees

C: Kelly Shoppach > Jonathon Poterson

Why: Shoppach has much higher power potential, not to mention the fact that he might call the best game in the minors. He will be a regular for a major league team soon, he would likely be starting for the Rockies had the Bigbie trade gone through. Poterson could still be a good prospect, but he isn't a catcher anymore, and Mike the Headless Chicken (look that up, very entertaining story) probably could catch fly balls better than Poterson.

1B: Jeremy West = Kyle Larsen

Why: Both aren't great prospects, West might still be a reserve, but injuries constantly nag him. Larsen isn't good period.

2B: Dustin Pedoria = Robinson Cano

Why: Cano will hit for a higher average, and might hit more HR's in Yankee Stadium, but Pedoria is better with the glove, has a much better eye, and will hit a ton of doubles at Fenway.

SS: Hanley Ramirez > C.J Henry

Why: Hanley could be an allstar, or he could be a super-utilty guy like Chone Figgins, C.J Henry hasn't gotten 50 AB's in rookie ball, but he could be a good prospect. He's good, but he's not even close to Hanley's league.

3B: Kevin Youkilis > Eric Duncan

Duncan strikes out a lot, he can't field, but he might hit 20 HR's. He's overrated, he shouldn't even be in the top 100 for prospects. Youkilis has a great eye, good pop, and has been very good in the field postinga +6 FRAA in '04. and a +2 in '05.

OF: Jacoby Ellsbury > Melky Caberra

Ellsbury is a Johnny Damon clone, he's an excellent fielder, and has a better arm. Melky Caberra can't field at all, and doesn't have great speed. He's a 9 hole hitter, while Ellsbury could be a very effective leadoff hitter.

SP: Jon Papelbon > Wang

Papelbon throws 4 plus pitches, Wang just throws 2. Papelbon could be an ace at best, and at worse, he's a domiant 3 starter. Wang highest ceiling is a 4 or 5 starter, he can't strike anyone out, and with that porous Yankee defense behind him, he needs to strike people out to succeed.

SP: Jon Lester > Philip Hughes

Hughes will be good, but Lester is just flat out better. He sits on a 94 mph fastball, and throws 4 excellent pitches. He's dominating AA ball, and every baseball expert has this guy ranked into their top 20.

Throw in Sanchez, Delcarmen, and Hansen, > your sorry ass prospects

That was exhausting, Enjoy.
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    I'm sitting here at work, bored. So I'm going to compare position by position. Red Sox vs Yankees

C: Kelly Shoppach > Jonathon Poterson

Why: Shoppach has much higher power potential, not to mention the fact that he might call the best game in the minors. He will be a regular for a major league team soon, he would likely be starting for the Rockies had the Bigbie trade gone through. Poterson could still be a good prospect, but he isn't a catcher anymore, and Mike the Headless Chicken (look that up, very entertaining story) probably could catch fly balls better than Poterson.

1B: Jeremy West = Kyle Larsen

Why: Both aren't great prospects, West might still be a reserve, but injuries constantly nag him. Larsen isn't good period.

2B: Dustin Pedoria = Robinson Cano

Why: Cano will hit for a higher average, and might hit more HR's in Yankee Stadium, but Pedoria is better with the glove, has a much better eye, and will hit a ton of doubles at Fenway.

SS: Hanley Ramirez > C.J Henry

Why: Hanley could be an allstar, or he could be a super-utilty guy like Chone Figgins, C.J Henry hasn't gotten 50 AB's in rookie ball, but he could be a good prospect. He's good, but he's not even close to Hanley's league.

3B: Kevin Youkilis > Eric Duncan

Duncan strikes out a lot, he can't field, but he might hit 20 HR's. He's overrated, he shouldn't even be in the top 100 for prospects. Youkilis has a great eye, good pop, and has been very good in the field postinga +6 FRAA in '04. and a +2 in '05.

OF: Jacoby Ellsbury > Melky Caberra

Ellsbury is a Johnny Damon clone, he's an excellent fielder, and has a better arm. Melky Caberra can't field at all, and doesn't have great speed. He's a 9 hole hitter, while Ellsbury could be a very effective leadoff hitter.

SP: Jon Papelbon > Wang

Papelbon throws 4 plus pitches, Wang just throws 2. Papelbon could be an ace at best, and at worse, he's a domiant 3 starter. Wang highest ceiling is a 4 or 5 starter, he can't strike anyone out, and with that porous Yankee defense behind him, he needs to strike people out to succeed.

SP: Jon Lester > Philip Hughes

Hughes will be good, but Lester is just flat out better. He sits on a 94 mph fastball, and throws 4 excellent pitches. He's dominating AA ball, and every baseball expert has this guy ranked into their top 20.

Throw in Sanchez, Delcarmen, and Hansen, > your sorry ass prospects

That was exhausting, Enjoy.
    No arguement in the catcher department. Thats something we have to take care of.
    Edge: Red Sox

well lets see.....West will be better than Larson, but Duncans gonna be switching to 1B within the next 2 years (we kinda got sum1 at 3rd right now).
    Edge: Red Sox (but lets not forget Duncan is moving to first)

Please, Cano is doing a great job in the Majors, lets let Pedoria play a ML game before we make him out to be Joe Morgan or Ryne Sandberg.
    Edge: Yankees (for now)

Henry was just drafted, nobody knows for sure wether or not Hanleys gonna be that good, though he prolly will be. But you can have the better MiLB SS, we have Jeter.
    Edge:Red Sox

Shut Up, Duncan is going to be far better than Youk. Hes not a bad fielder, so whoever told you that is wrong, though he has struggled a little, hes a pretty good fielder. And he can hit, in the prime of his career he will hit way more than your projected 20 homers. if Youk was so good he'd be a fulltime player, not a roster replacement when someone gets hurt.
    Edge: Yankees

Melky batted 9 because we have other guys in the MLB lineup who deserve to be batting where they are. Melky is a 4 hitter in the minors. And he can play the OF, just because he messed up in Fenway doesnt mean he's bad, thats a tough CF to play. And give him more time to adjust to Yankee Stadium dementions.

Again, SHUT UP. Wang has been very successful this year and was our #3, and his ceiling isnt just a #4 or 5. Lets have your guy throw a game for Boston first before we say hes better than Wang.

Hughes is just playing A ball right now, so this isnt a fair comparison.
    Edge: Even

Hansen vs Cox: Lets get them some Minor League time first. Hansen will probably be better, but Cox was outstanding this year in the CWS. He will be Mariano's replacement.

Sanchez vs Henn: Sanches is better so far, but Henn can improve, he has had a decent MiLB season.

Delcarmen vs ??: I dont know who to put up against him. I would throw DePaula in there, but after his Tommy John last year he hasnt been great in the minors this year. He had a dominant ML debut in 2003 (7 1/3 PERFECT innings against the Orioles, or at least i believe it was the Orioles). He made the rotation out of camp last year. He was pretty good and when he is completely recovered from his surgery he could improve

So according to my UNBIASED projections, you guys beat us out 5-4 in the comparison of the players listed. But our lower level prospects are far better than yours, ask any analst. We have great Single and Double A prospects. (our rookie league team, as well as our High A team won their league's championships last year.)

Again, SHUT UP. Wang has been very successful this year and was our #3, and his ceiling isnt just a #4 or 5. Lets have your guy throw a game for Boston first before we say hes better than Wang.
    papelbon threw last night vs radke, who is a good pitcher. papelbon went 5 1/3 inings, 4 hits, 7 SO, 2 ER.....I think that's a pretty good ML debut

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6
    So according to my UNBIASED projections
    Bitch, please. You look at the world through pinstriped glasses.

Major Leaguer

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3832842

AL East system rankings

1. Devil Rays
    2. Red Sox
    3. Blue Jays
    4. Orioles
    5. Yankees
    Posted by yankees_nation
    Completed a season on mvp baseball 2005 as the red sux. Clement had an era of 12.30. Even trading for Bonds at the trading dealine couldn't save the team from a third place. Pretty good foreshadow of what to expect. :lol:

Major Leaguer

[QUOTE=26 to 6] Hansen vs Cox: Lets get them some Minor League time first. Hansen will probably be better, but Cox was outstanding this year in the CWS. He will be Mariano's replacement.
    Edge: Even [QUOTE]

how is this even?? Hansen is 10 times better than cox. Cox has an attitude problem and also has trouble throwing strikes. he has an average fastball (about 90 mph) and his best pitch is his slider which is good. But all in all hansen is going to be much better.
    Posted by yankees_nation
    Completed a season on mvp baseball 2005 as the red sux. Clement had an era of 12.30. Even trading for Bonds at the trading dealine couldn't save the team from a third place. Pretty good foreshadow of what to expect. :lol:

[QUOTE=bigpapi349][QUOTE=26 to 6] Hansen vs Cox: Lets get them some Minor League time first. Hansen will probably be better, but Cox was outstanding this year in the CWS. He will be Mariano's replacement.

how is this even?? Hansen is 10 times better than cox. Cox has an attitude problem and also has trouble throwing strikes. he has an average fastball (about 90 mph) and his best pitch is his slider which is good. But all in all hansen is going to be much better.
    Everyone quit responding to this, notice how it says 2004 and not 2005. I'll give you the same puzzle I gave Soxfan, 26 to 6

D_MB

A_S

Major Leaguer

DuMB?
    AsS?
    Posted by yankees_nation

Fenway Resident

if Youk was so good he'd be a fulltime player, not a roster replacement when someone gets hurt.
    wow you really dont know anything, huh, youkilis is going to become the starting 3rd baseman next spring, yes it has been confirmed as well as Mueller will be a free agent at end of season.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"