Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2005 NFL Predictions

Major Leaguer

Re: 2005 NFL Predictions

Your right their defense is dreadful, but their offense is killer and thats the only thing they have at this point.

THE COWBOYS ARE WINNING IT ALL :harhar: :harhar: :thumbsup:
    I love the guy in my avatar! he's the hottest man alive!

Silly girl. :lol:

Goodness, what's the over-under on Chicago's carousel of QBs? Will we see Orton this year? He was a Heisman candidate...and then dropped off considerably (partially because he was hurt - not what the Bears need).
    "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." - Satchel Paige

A Click a Day

One word : Patriots

more words: pats drul, cowboys rule.
    I love the guy in my avatar! he's the hottest man alive!

Major Leaguer

haha you got that right. and the Bears are the second best woo.

...But you have no QB!!
    "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." - Satchel Paige

A Click a Day

Fenway Resident

2005 season out look for the Chicago Bears from Yahoo! Sports

Last season, injuries really took a toll on the Bears, who lost quarterback Rex Grossman and safety Mike Brown early, then watched linebacker Brian Urlacher struggle to return from a hamstring injury suffered in training camp. Once Grossman was gone, the season's hopes swirled down the drain. Had it not been for a stiff defense that spearheaded a three-game winning streak in the middle of the schedule, Chicago may have had the NFL's worst record. The three-headed quarterback monster of Chad Hutchinson, Craig Krenzel and Jonathan Quinn was simply awful.

OFFENSE
    The Bears’ worst fears came to life once again when Grossman went down with a broken ankle. One of the major concerns about the offseason was the backup quarterback spot – specifically how Chicago would protect itself if the injury-prone Grossman went down again. Now they are paying for not upgrading their backup QB, Rookie 23 year old Kyle Orton has been given the nod as starting quarterback of 2005, with the exception of Ben Rothlisberger's first season performance, the Bears appear to be doomed to repeat last season’s offensive ineptitude.

If the Bears can ever get first-round pick Cedric Benson in camp, it would seem likely the offense will shift to a run-heavy mindset, with incumbent starter Thomas Jones in the mix. That probably isn’t thrilling news for free-agent signee Muhsin Muhammad, who appears to be the only sure thing in the receiving corps. The offensive line, which added experienced tackle Fred Miller, has some nice veteran talent. If it can find some chemistry, Miller could make quite a combination with tackle John Tait, guard Ruben Brown and center Olin Kreutz.

DEFENSE
    The defense can be dependable without Urlacher, but for it to be great, he has to stay healthy. Also, defensive end Adewale Ogunleye has to return from injury and regain the form that produced 15 sacks for Miami in 2003. With Ogunleye, end Alex Brown and tackles Tommie Harris and Ian Scott, the defensive line is one of the most impressive young groups in the league. Linebackers thrive in defensive coordinator Ron Rivera's system, but Rivera has to find someone to add to the tandem of Urlacher and Lance Briggs. Marcus Reese will get the first opportunity, but his lack of experience is a concern.

Cornerbacks Charles Tillman and Jerry Azumah are solid, but the difference maker in the secondary is Mike Brown. There is no telling how he will bounce back from the torn Achilles that caused him to miss all but two games last season.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker Paul Edinger has been replaced after his consistency fell off considerably. Jets castoff Doug Brien takes his place, and he certainly is an upgrade. His playoff wipeout aside, Brien typically was a reliable kicker for the Jets over the last two seasons. Punter Brad Maynard has been surprisingly consistent despite playing in gusty Chicago. Azumah, wide receiver Bernard Berrian and cornerback Nathan Vasher will split up punt and kick return duties. Azumah has been serviceable, but he will need to return to Pro Bowl form if the Bears' return units are to excel.

PREDICTION
    The Bears will finish 6-10 and fourth in the NFC North.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Major Leaguer

why are you all trying to bash hard on the Bears? besides the Bears have Chad Hutchinson, he didnt doo that abd last year, his 1st and 2nd games he was solid. Kyle Orten will play . and that post you posted was all last year, they have Improved dramatically, im not big on the Bears like i am big on the cowboys but the Bears are going to be great this year, regardless if they have to use Hutchinson again. their defense will do fine, if Urlacher stays healthy. this is kind of off topic, but i met Urlacher!! woo at a Lobo football game, i know you guys dont care but i think it is awesome!

Fenway Resident

and that post you posted was all last year
    explain how all of that happened last year with mushin muhammed and doug brien updates?? this is a sports analyst's outlook on what will happen for the Bears in the 2005 season. Vikings will finish out on top in the division, yes without the asshole Randy Moss
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Major Leaguer

thats the thing, im not saying the bears will finish im top, im saying they will finish in 2nd at the least, they will not finish 3rd or last, i garuntee it, and if you dont believe it watch untill it happens, hey the Bears might not have the best of players but so what. They will finish 2nd. JUST watch and see for all those people who dont think they wont

Quote Originally Posted by podsednik20
    why are you all trying to bash hard on the Bears?
    It's not that hard, really. They will finish last, being that they're the 4th best team in the division. The Packers, Vikings and Lions are all better. Vikes got pretty damn good on defense, and still have Culpepper to lead the offense, the Lions are the sleeper team of the NFC and the Packers still have Brett Favre and that offense. Bears have got nothing.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Super Moderator

The Lions have been the sleeper team of the NFC for the past 3 years. Just like the Pats weren't gunna win the superbowl for the last 2 years. I'm starting to believe it's shit. The Packers aren't good anymore. They're defense is shot to hell. Defense wins game. Period.

GOTTA LOVE FOOTBALL!

AFC
    East:
    Patriots - Face it they find a way to win and they'll win this year (the whole thing).
    Jets - Good Wide-outs... Can Chad use them? Martin will have another big yardage season.
    Bills - Rookie QB so who really knows? Great RB McGahee is going to have a huge break out season and become a star in this league.
    Dolphins - They will surprise people this season and not suck as much as people think.

North:
    Bengals - You'll see some nice offense out of this team, although I'm not sure about their D.
    Steelers - Will be a solid team, but not a great team. Lots of wins, but play-off wise no excitment.
    Ravens - There D is getting older. The O sucks! They are overrated!
    Browns - They will suck............

South:
    Colts - Will be the best team in the league this year. Their O is obviously great and their D was a big surprise last year and will be even better this year.
    Texans - No longer a laugh on the schedule.
    Jaguars - I don't really know about these guys.
    Titans - Most "experts" are overrating this team.

West:
    Chargers - I like them last year. Will Drew play as great as he did last year? If he does they are going to be a GREAT team. They will have the best TE and some great WR's on top of a top 3 player in this leage in LD. Fun team to watch.
    Raiders - A good team last year got better this year in 3 big ways. L. Jordan is a really good RB that just needed a full time starting roll, Moss obvious stuff, and then Kerry will become the QB he was suppose to be. He might have some INT's, but he'll make up for those by throwing a ton of TD's. The only issue might be thier strength of schedule.
    Broncos - They will be a good team surrounded by 3 other good teams in their div. Their schedule is below avg and their power rankings last year where up in O & D.
    Chiefs - It's all falling apart!

NFC
    East:
    Eagles - A lot of crazy camp stuff, but they are in a below avg division. EASY SCHEDULE
    Cowboys - The boys are back... kinda.
    Giants - Will be better than last year.
    Redskins - Not gonna do it.

North:
    Packers - If their D is better the team has to be better than last year. EASY SCHEDULE
    Lions - Will be way better than last year.
    Viks - Will be worst than last year. Daunte might struggle (not much, but a little).
    Bears - Their gonna suck.

South:
    Falcons - Will be 2nd best team in the league this year. EASY SCHEDULE
    Saints - Will suck along with the Panthers and Bucs this year.
    Panthers - Injuries will destroy this team this year.
    Bucs - Gruden will be fired.

West:
    Cards - Will be a fun team to watch. Kurt will have a come back season in style. Will be a fun team to watch. EASY SCHEDULE
    Seahawks - O will be desent, but D will struggle between no depth and injury prone it won't be a fun year on D.
    Rams - They are getting older and slower, but still will put up some big numbers. Their problem is NO D!
    49ers - It's so sad to see them like this.
    Johnathan "Mr. T" Papelbon is the man!
    WORLD SERIES MVP!

Major Leaguer

like i said, and i will say it again, they have improved on offense, hey their Star QB is hurt good for rex, but they have more weapons, im telling you watch for them. Wont they surprise you in the season, and too think your all saying they suck. Gotta Love football, its just the way it is