Register now to remove this ad

Page 101 of 471 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 7063

Thread: Official NBA thread

Re: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;227493;
    its too bad they started 0-4 cause they would of have made a run at the bulls of 96 who finished 72-10
    Coincidence?:blink:

howard is real banged up

14 and 7 at the 1/2
    lebron got 20
    noone else showed up for cleveland yet

well they won but it should of never got to that point , dallas had that game all night long

they sure did
    wheres larry hughes these days for cleveland?
    better question is how banged up is howard??
    he disappeared in the 2nd half last nite posting only 3pts & 3boards

all world lebron misses 2 free throws and 2 game tying 3 pointers in the last 13 ticks??
    dallas is loaded with offensive weapons,inside options a good running game and a couple of guys who can shoot the 3ball...
    but
    if they allow a 2nd rate team like cleveland to shoot 50% they wont get out of the west i fear

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;227829;
    they sure did

all world lebron misses 2 free throws and 2 game tying 3 pointers in the last 13 ticks??
    dallas is loaded with offensive weapons,inside options a good running game and a couple of guys who can shoot the 3ball...
    but
    if they allow a 2nd rate team like cleveland to shoot 50% they wont get out of the west i fear

they'll be fine they just had an off nite on defense

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;227768;
    Coincidence?:blink:
    Yeah. Two statements combining two well-known facts -- they started 0-4, and they're taking a run at that Bulls teams record. Though that's something of a longshot.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;227829;
    they sure did

but
    Overreact much? They're third in points against this season -- I think that, generally, the entire rest of the season proves to be a little more indicative of things than one game.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

im not overreacting
    quite frankly i could give a fuck less
    the mavs demise has always been defense since rolando blackman and mark aguirre were there
    last nite i watched them for an entire game for the 1st time this year and it seems nothing has really changed.
    if clevelands 1 man band can shoot 50% i wonder what phoenix and s.a will do to them when it actually matters

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;227838;
    im not overreacting
    quite frankly i could give a fuck less
    the mavs demise has always been defense since rolando blackman and mark aguirre were there
    last nite i watched them for an entire game for the 1st time this year and it seems nothing has really changed.
    if clevelands 1 man band can shoot 50% i wonder what phoenix and s.a will do to them when it actually matters
    phoenix and s.a have a better defense than dallas? you make me laugh crunchy , il tell you whats gonna happen, when pheonix and s.a scores 100 on dallas (if they can even score that much) , dallas is gonna score 120 , philadelphia OF ALL TEAMS SCORES 99 AND BEATS THE SUNS THE OTHER NIGHT , you think dallas has a problem on defense ?

the suns are 25 in the nba on points allowed at 103

if dallas didnt have a problem on defense then duane wade wouldnt have won the mvp of the championship series last year would he mr sox rules....

did i say san antone and phoenix play better d than dallas?
    no i didnt
    heres what i said
    ""i wonder what phoenix and s.a will do to them when it actually matters""

i said dallas was good
    i said they were the favorites to win it all
    i will also go out on a very tiny limb and say
    i would be surprised if they lose the west

i also noticed you didnt bite when i offered you a wager yesterday but thats got nothing to do with this

anyways my point here is simple
    IF THE MAVS DO LOSE
    it is because theyre not tuff enough on the d end
    and nowitzki pulls a claude rains and turns into the invisible man

regular season stats dont mean shit in the playoffs now do they.

there are 100days left of this season
    a lot of things can happen that change the price of poker and injuries are 1 of them
    such as shawn marion getting hurt in phoenix
    and josh howard being banged up in dallas
    duane wade out for the year in miami.....shaq playing like a cripple etc....

lots of hoop yet and i dont think anyone has won an nba title on the 2nd of march

Legend

But they beat both San Antonio and Phoenix "when it mattered" in the playoffs last year.

Don't get me started on the Finals last year. I think game 3 was a textbook example of NBA officiating at it's worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;227854;
    if dallas didnt have a problem on defense then duane wade wouldnt have won the mvp of the championship series last year would he mr sox rules....

did i say san antone and phoenix play better d than dallas?
    no i didnt
    heres what i said
    ""i wonder what phoenix and s.a will do to them when it actually matters""

i said dallas was good
    i said they were the favorites to win it all
    i will also go out on a very tiny limb and say
    i would be surprised if they lose the west

i also noticed you didnt bite when i offered you a wager yesterday but thats got nothing to do with this

anyways my point here is simple
    IF THE MAVS DO LOSE
    it is because theyre not tuff enough on the d end
    and nowitzki pulls a claude rains and turns into the invisible man

regular season stats dont mean shit in the playoffs now do they.

there are 100days left of this season
    a lot of things can happen that change the price of poker and injuries are 1 of them
    such as shawn marion getting hurt in phoenix
    and josh howard being banged up in dallas
    duane wade out for the year in miami.....shaq playing like a cripple etc....

lots of hoop yet and i dont think anyone has won an nba title on the 2nd of march
    last year? dallas wasent even supposed to make it that far and they did cause there defense was a bit better than previous years ,and this year its even better . and BTW dallas got screwed on game 3 by the officiating

yeah you offered a wager ...i was going to bite on that but i noticed you went offline so i didn't bother

fair enuff hoss

this is another reason i dislike dallas...
    mark cuban
    a man who tries to make up for the lack of stature in his pants by surrounding himself with 7'0 men.....
    the george steinbrenner of basketball without the titles that go with the mouth
    i bet he drives a very big pick up truck and does country line dancing as a hobby
    fucking sissy

anyway
    miami deserved it and duane wade earned it.
    dont take that amazing series away from wade,it isnt fair or proper for that matter

whats this other nonsense??
    denver people talking about officiating??
    stop it...
    its not an acceptable excuse for losing a 7 game series despite the bad calls that were made

dallas quit in game 3 as they got run out of the building down the stretch
    then the rest of the series was over for them

as far as dallas getting to the finals??
    without gianobli fucking up last year,a scene that combined the worst of chris webber freddy brown and bill hurleys ghosts reincarnated
    dallas wouldnt have gotten into the finals at all...

sort of like the pats getting by sandiego when they shouldnt have won
    then losing to indi when they shouldve won...

very similar

we're 100 days away
    i like dallas vs detroit in the finals
    when the rosters for the playoffs are set i'll make my prediction then

Legend

I don't have a dog in that fight. My problem is with NBA officiating in general. Dallas had a big lead late and in typical NBA fashion, the calls starting going towards Miami.

Now, what does being a Denver fan have to do with anything? One call (PI in the playoffs) that went our way? The Pats have never gotten a call? Buuuuullshit.

m neither red
    i could give a fuck less about either team
    i hate the pistons
    i hate mark cuban

im hoping phoenix goes as i cant stand seeing s/a win with duncan knowing how close we came to getting him
    i like your team in denver but it seems that they have yet to get the balance between melo and ai.....camby is camby but i'd like to see how they'd look with stoudamire in phoenix in the middle....perhaps they gel down the stretch and give it a good run in may
    it is certainly possible

in the east theres detroit
    the rest of the east is sucking hind tit
    oneil should be writing childrens books,he has no interest left outside the money
    wades injury ends them....miami has very little chance
    chicago is coming but theyve got a ways to go

detroit may not lose a game in conference play and if they show up that well rested and say dallas goes the distance with whoever they play??
    it will be tuff for the mavs to handle them

im glad you guys follow hoop
    i prefer the college game myself

to me grapefruit baseball is an instant sedative