Register now to remove this ad

Page 427 of 471 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Losing that #1 pick doesn't sit well with me at all.
    Is that where the Nets pick was going to fall?

Good chance it could have been more in the 3-6 range and I'm willing to bet Irving will be much better than any player they'd get there.

With a little luck, they Celtics still get a top 5 pick with the LA pick.

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    As long as the Cavs have LeBron, they have to be considered the favorites. I still think Celtics get bounced in five or six.
    I disagree, we didn't just land Irving, but we took him off the Cavs. This Celtics team is significantly better and the Cavs took a step back.

Deity
    As long as the Cavs have LeBron, they have to be considered the favorites. I still think Celtics get bounced in five or six.
    I'm looking ahead with this deal. Sooner or later Lebron is gone - eventually even if he doesn't leave Cleveland, he has to slow down. I think that this deal sets the Celtics up for years to come. Think I'll just say it - Kyrie is bigger,younger and better than It. Keeping Crowder and IT would not have moved the Cletics closer to the top. I think that this move does - now and in the future. Might even help Cleveland this year and in the long run as well.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post

Good chance it could have been more in the 3-6 range and I'm willing to bet Irving will be much better than any player they'd get there.

The Nets are probably better than the Pacers and the Hawks right now, and if they get some improvement from Russell, Carroll, and Crabbe they might have a punchers' chance at 30 wins. They also have no incentive to tank like some of the other cellar dwellers.

I disagree, we didn't just land Irving, but we took him off the Cavs. This Celtics team is significantly better and the Cavs took a step back.
    They didn't take a giant step back. IT, if healthy can still get you 20-25 PPG, and Crowder gives them another 3 and D guy. They still have a ton of shooting, and I wouldn't be surprised if Wade ends up there eventually.

And they still have LeBron. He's still the best player on the court by far, and the Celtics don't have anyone to guard him. Crowder didn't even come close in May.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I'm looking ahead with this deal. Sooner or later Lebron is gone - eventually even if he doesn't leave Cleveland, he has to slow down. I think that this deal sets the Celtics up for years to come. Think I'll just say it - Kyrie is bigger,younger and better than It. Keeping Crowder and IT would not have moved the Cletics closer to the top. I think that this move does - now and in the future. Might even help Cleveland this year and in the long run as well.
    I agree. I think LeBron is good as gone, unless the Cavs miraculously go get Anthony Davis, or some other star.

You'll get over it when Kyrie Irving is dropping 35 a night.
    That's possible.

Good chance it's 1-3 but, i can see why they felt compelled given IT's recent injury to make this trade. I not gonna bitch about it too much. I like the way this team, especially the starters, are shaping up.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Good chance it's 1-3 but, i can see why they felt compelled given IT's recent injury to make this trade. I not gonna bitch about it too much. I like the way this team, especially the starters, are shaping up.
    If you are Celtics fan and maybe even a Red Sox fan, I think that it always tough to see good players - good team players - leave. I agree with "best handicapper" though that Crowder could not guard James - no one really can. With him gone, there is a clear avenue for Brown who really did look good this summer. Good as in ready now. This move also might allow for Tatum to get the needed minutes to progress as well. IT has good years ahead of him for sure I just could not see him getting the max contract that he is going to want. I also think that Irving is just better overall.

The pick you give up your hope would have been you get lucky enough to draft a player like Irving. You get him now and don't have to develop him for several years, and the BK pick could easily be 5-8 this year. I love Isiah Thomas, but I'd be fairly comfortable wagering that he will never be as good as he was last year. I don't think he will be worth a max contract, although he has earned it and that brew a troubled scenario when you factor in his size, age, and injuries. You get Irving in his prime, and you can make a good case at extending him. I'd take Irving over the next 4 year any day opposed to IT.

Yes we gave up a lot, but you have to give up a lot to get a guy like Irving. We still have Tatum, and Brown, and we still have some more draft assets that could pan out pretty well too. This team is still set up good for the future, but they will be able to compete now as well.

As a Thunder fan (not related to the username), I have no dog in this fight, but I'm just in total shock. I think both teams will be exponentially better, assuming the Celtics can re-sign Kyrie when his contract is up and assuming LeBron doesn't leave Cleveland after this year (which I highly doubt he'll do). But, man, watching IT in Boston this past year was so entertaining. I feel for the Celtics fans, especially the young ones, who fell in love with IT this past season, but I understand the motivation for trading him, the whole uncertainty thing about his hip injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    As a Thunder fan (not related to the username), I have no dog in this fight, but I'm just in total shock. I think both teams will be exponentially better, assuming the Celtics can re-sign Kyrie when his contract is up and assuming LeBron doesn't leave Cleveland after this year (which I highly doubt he'll do). But, man, watching IT in Boston this past year was so entertaining. I feel for the Celtics fans, especially the young ones, who fell in love with IT this past season, but I understand the motivation for trading him, the whole uncertainty thing about his hip injury.
    nice post thunder and I agree about IT. Without him this year, the Celtics don't get to where they got. I think that we will all be surprised and impressed watching Irving game in and game out. he is at the top of the point guard food chain.

Cavs are absolutely still the favorites. They still have the best player in the league, teamed up with IT and Love, and great role players. Plus its safe to assume they aren't done yet. I have a feeling that Brooklyn pick will be used as trade bait to acquire another star (Melo, Cousins, etc, someone along those lines).

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Cavs are absolutely still the favorites. They still have the best player in the league, teamed up with IT and Love, and great role players. Plus its safe to assume they aren't done yet. I have a feeling that Brooklyn pick will be used as trade bait to acquire another star (Melo, Cousins, etc, someone along those lines).
    I don't know about that pick. As long as it's in the top two or three, I think they'll hold onto it. This is one of the better draft classes in recent years.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Cavs did get the better in the deal. Short term anyways.

I can't see them trading that pick.

The Celt's roster is much different having lost 11 of 15 from last seasons playoff team.

They have a long way to go to being a cohesive unit. I don't expect the best from them for the first 30-40 games.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."