Register now to remove this ad

Page 429 of 436 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 6528

Thread: Official NBA thread

  1. #6421
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    And both were articulate!
    yes they were - appearing bright and articulate! They tried to get Kyrie to get down and dirty as to why he was leaving cleveland but he wouldn't go down that road.

  2. #6422
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    The pick you give up your hope would have been you get lucky enough to draft a player like Irving. You get him now and don't have to develop him for several years, and the BK pick could easily be 5-8 this year. I love Isiah Thomas, but I'd be fairly comfortable wagering that he will never be as good as he was last year. I don't think he will be worth a max contract, although he has earned it and that brew a troubled scenario when you factor in his size, age, and injuries. You get Irving in his prime, and you can make a good case at extending him. I'd take Irving over the next 4 year any day opposed to IT.

    Yes we gave up a lot, but you have to give up a lot to get a guy like Irving. We still have Tatum, and Brown, and we still have some more draft assets that could pan out pretty well too. This team is still set up good for the future, but they will be able to compete now as well.
    You could be right. The more opinions I read up on, it's starting to look like a split between those who think the Nets will be an average team versus a still horrible team. What pick would have you preferred to give up? The Net's pick or the Laker's pick with this deal? I know if the Laker's 2018 pick isn't 2-5 it gets punted to the King's (except if #1 Overall) or the Sixer's (except if #1 Overall) 2019 1st rd pick.

  3. #6423
    The Cavs would not have accepted the Lakers pick.

  4. #6424
    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    The Cavs would not have accepted the Lakers pick.
    Maybe true, but that's not what i'm asking.

    Obviously a lot needs to happen for the Laker's pick to have the same or better value than the Net's pick.We're counting on atleast one out of the 3 teams to suck, but not suck so much that they end up getting the #1 pick. A lot more stipulations for that pick vs the Net's turn key pick.

    Different question: To me that Net's #1 pick was "IT insurance". Is anyone else besides me a little annoyed the Cavs didn't realize this and asked for more after the deal was done?

  5. #6425
    I know Melo is a really hated on players for whatever reason, but Jesus, his value is Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott? That's all Knicks could get for him?

  6. #6426
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I know Melo is a really hated on players for whatever reason, but Jesus, his value is Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott? That's all Knicks could get for him?
    Key word here, Knicks....
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #6427
    I don't know how I feel about this, as a Thunder fan
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  8. #6428
    I like the Celtics new look. Kyrie is for real. I really liked Baynes and some of the guys coming off the bench. Tatum is going to be a star.

  9. #6429
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I know Melo is a really hated on players for whatever reason, but Jesus, his value is Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott? That's all Knicks could get for him?
    Full NTC and trade kicker, plus Phil Jackson spent the last three months torpedoing his trade value.

  10. #6430
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't know how I feel about this, as a Thunder fan
    Dumped Kanter's ridiculous contract, and got Melo who is buying into playing power forward. You should be ecstatic.

  11. #6431
    Melo is a perennial loser.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  12. #6432
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Melo is a perennial loser.
    I'm blaming the Knicks for that, but we'll see if he can handle being the third option.

  13. #6433
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Melo is a perennial loser.
    Yeah, I've never really trusted him. But, he's so much of a diva that playing for a bad team in New York might have had something to do with that.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  14. #6434
    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    I'm blaming the Knicks for that, but we'll see if he can handle being the third option.
    Is there anything that CAN'T be blamed on that joke of a franchise?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #6435
    So much for the Gordon Hayward era. He's gone until 2019.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •