Register now to remove this ad

Page 431 of 471 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    this is true but they have no rim protector at all. Hayward wasn't really a rim protector but he gave opposing big guys something to at least think about and he could score.
    I'm taking this one back because I'm loving Aaron Baynes's game a great deal right now. With him and Smart on the floor, getting to the rim without getting hit is a tough task. Baynes looks like one of those guys that every team would just love to have.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    We'll see. They are a better team right now then the were last year even without Hayward.
    lol no they aren't.

Everyone's a fucking expert.

"lol"
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Everyone's a fucking expert.

"lol"
    One thing that I have learned here Spud, is that you can't argue with some here and get anything out of it. They think that they are right no matter how fucked up wrong they can possibly be. I was at last night's game. It wasn't really as close for the most part as the score indicated. This is pretty good defensive team. There were no more than 2 or 3 uncontested shots. Lots of challenged shots, lots of solid box outs. IMO - they are better than last year's team right now and they look better with respect to the little things that have to be done if you are going to win. Baynes makes a huge difference for them. I liked everything that Thomas gave them last year, but Irving is a legit star. More importantly, we just had a blast. Everything about Celtic's bb has always worked for me.

Tatum has been playing great so far. At this point, he seems like a better fit for the C's than Tatum or Ball would have been.

Brown has continued to improve upon the flashes we saw last year.

This team could be really really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Tatum has been playing great so far. At this point, he seems like a better fit for the C's than Tatum or Ball would have been.

Brown has continued to improve upon the flashes we saw last year.

This team could be really really good.
    Tatum has struggled just a little of late - the kid is just 19. I really think that we are looking at a future all-star. It will be interesting to see how the minutes get distributed when Morris gets back. Might be tonight.

Deity
    Seriously - haven't seen a Celtic team defend on every possession like this since the 60's. Not as good a those yesteryear teams but they are fun to watch.

Not to overload the hype train too much... but Tatum has 'next Paul Pierce' written all over him. And Jaylen could be the next Kobe Bryant.

C's looked great last night against a really shitty Kings team. Tatum and Brown should be fun to watch for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Can't ignore Rozier either.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Can't ignore Rozier either.
    Saw Rozier play in a game at UConn - he was a legit star then and seems to be maturing very nicely. The Celtics bench is going to be a strength for them. As for last night's game, many very good teams would have had defensive breakdowns and mental lapses when things really got out of hand. Celts played hard the whole way. Stevens is just one hell of a coach I think.

Deity
    Good test for the green tonight.

Should be a good one.

Lebron James is pretty good at basketball.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Lebron James is pretty good at basketball.
    yup!!!