Register now to remove this ad

Page 436 of 436 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436
Results 6,526 to 6,537 of 6537

Thread: Official NBA thread

  1. #6526
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    15-2 Baby.

    15 wins in a row.

    Of course the National media poo-poos the 15 game streak. Who have the Celts beaten, anyway?

    The only teams that are seen as stiff comp that they have not beaten are Houston and Cleveland. You could ad a healthy San Antonio, I suppose.

    If they stay healthy and learn to play their offense as well as the rest of their game, they are going to be really tough to play in the spring.
    When you have the best player on the court, you always have a chance to win. K. Irving
    Watching Tatum and Brown have a chance to develop makes the trades look all that much better. They needed more than just 15 minutes per game.

  2. #6527
    They really did not look very good as a group against Dallas last night but once again - when you have the bast player on the court you always have a chance. Can't get over how bad Smart can look at times and at how big he turns up at others!

  3. #6528
    Celtics looked pretty pedestrian last night. Outplayed by Detroit. Drummond was a monster. Horford could not deal with him at all. I would like to see Morris play with a little more aggression to. At least with Smart when he has a bad game the effort is always there. he had a good game last night.

  4. #6529
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Tatum has been playing great so far. At this point, he seems like a better fit for the C's than Tatum or Ball would have been.

    Brown has continued to improve upon the flashes we saw last year.

    This team could be really really good.
    Uh, yup!
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  5. #6530
    They almost blew it last night but the way it ended was great!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  6. #6531
    What a finish - a simple little half-court trap on the sideline. Should absolutely never work right? Tell that to big ben when he throws the last pass of the game into the absolute middle of the field. It is about the mental!!!

  7. #6532
    Well Celtic fans, what would you be willing to give up for Anthony Davis? What would Red have done?

  8. #6533
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Well Celtic fans, what would you be willing to give up for Anthony Davis? What would Red have done?
    Nothing at this point. I like our big guys as they are.

    Maybe next off-season.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  9. #6534
    Wow.

    Jo Jo White has died.

    I used to go to many Celts games when I was a young teen. I would get to the Garden about 2-2.5 hours before game time and watch players shoot around. I remember standing under the basket feeding Jo Jo and Hambone Williams balls.

    Jo Jo was a very good player. 7 time all star in 10 years. He had the most text book perfect jump shot.


    RIP Jo Jo.
    Last edited by Spudboy; Today at 07:27 PM.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  10. #6535
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Wow.

    Jo Jo White has died.

    I used to go to many Celts games when I was a young teen. I would get to the Garden about 2-2.5 hours before game time and watch players shoot around. I remember standing under the basket feeding Jo Jo and Hambone Williams balls.

    Jo Jo was a very good player. 7 time all star in 10 years. He had the most text book perfect jump shot.


    RIP Jo Jo.
    i remember him. He played with Cowan’s, Hindi and Silas. He was an excellent guard, who didn’t get the recognition that he deserved because there were a number of flashy guards during that period. The knicks had Walt “Clyde” Frazier and Earl “the Pearl” Monroe.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  11. #6536
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    i remember him. He played with Cowan’s, Hindi and Silas. He was an excellent guard, who didn’t get the recognition that he deserved because there were a number of flashy guards during that period. The knicks had Walt “Clyde” Frazier and Earl “the Pearl” Monroe.
    Yup. The Knicks were stacked back then. I used to go to games against the Knicks as often as I could afford.

    It was just about the only time Cowans faced centers his own size! Aside from Willis Reed, that is.

    The NY guards were death!

    The Celts would play their asses off and still lose most of the time.

    That was a real rivalry.

    I have so many memories from hanging out at the Garden. Yes, it was a dump! But it was so much fun.

    One time before a game I sat behind the Celts game watching a preliminary game. Red Auerbach was sitting with Don Cheney's wife about 10 rows behind me. He yelled "Hey kid get the hell out of there. You don't belong there". Lol.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  12. #6537
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Yup. The Knicks were stacked back then. I used to go to games against the Knicks as often as I could afford.

    It was just about the only time Cowans faced centers his own size! Aside from Willis Reed, that is.

    The NY guards were death!

    The Celts would play their asses off and still lose most of the time.

    That was a real rivalry.

    I have so many memories from hanging out at the Garden. Yes, it was a dump! But it was so much fun.

    One time before a game I sat behind the Celts game watching a preliminary game. Red Auerbach was sitting with Don Cheney's wife about 10 rows behind me. He yelled "Hey kid get the hell out of there. You don't belong there". Lol.
    Red was not known for his friendly demeanor, but he was some coach. A guy that I used to work with saw Red at the NIT at the old Madison Square Garden (a really long time ago— Current Garden dates from 1967). He said “Hey Red, can I ask you a question?” Red responded “Fuck off”. LOL! He was crushed, because he idolized Red.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •