Register now to remove this ad

Page 407 of 471 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I cared and I watched it, but this site just usually doesn't have much in terms of basketball debate, and understandably so, with this being a Red Sox/Baseball forum. However, that game was great, I am not a Kobe fan at all and despise the Lakers, but that ending to his career was awesome. Doesn't matter if you hate him or love him, you have to respect a player that was that damn good at his sport.

Also, it was pretty funny that Kobe's career ended with an assist of all things too with that long pass to Jordan Clarkson for the dunk.
    I'm glad you watched it and can appreciate a great sports moment, even if it involved a team that you do not like. It's kind of like Jeter's last game. As much as I dislike the Yankees, as a baseball fan, I have to appreciate that moment for him.

I agree, even though I wasn't big Jeter or Peyton Manning fan, seeing them play their last game was still pretty cool moment. I love a good sports moment, regardless of how I feel about the player.

Stephen Curry isn't human.

So glad I stayed up past my self-imposed bedtime to watch OKC storm back to shock the Spurs. That was so invigorating, but now game 6 is basically game 7 for the Thunder, because if they lose, there's no way they'll win game 7 in SA, given that the Spurs have already allowed OKC to beat them twice at home in the series. The way they've been playing defense though, they can definitely make the series with the Warriors interesting. Not saying they'll win the series, but they'll make it interesting.

Holy shit, Golden State is being absolutely destroyed right now..

Major Leaguer
    Cleveland goes up in smoke again .... incredible. Two games ago the world of sports media was about to anoint them as champs. Two games in Toronto and the Raptors seem like the hungry, smart beasts in "Jurassic Park."

I still highly doubt Cleveland losses that series, but Kevin Love has been terrible. I don't get how a "superstar" can play that bad in back to back big games and be severely outplayed by Bismack Biyombo.

Major Leaguer
    And I was happy with the idea he might be a Celt! Wow, would he be a disappointment in the Gahden. What happened to the guy who played in the north country?

I watched the Cavs come back and thought, ahhh, ok, this is gonna work. Then they just let the Raptors run over them again! The King just stopped playing the last 6 minutes. Reminded me of the days he just stopped when KG and the C's kicked him to the curb. They just stopped playing!

They have what it takes, but they get a little drama and they take their marbles and go home. Not good.
    Last edited by SinceYaz; 05-24-2016 at 04:21 PM.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SinceYaz View Post
    The King just stopped playing the last 6 minutes.
    I read he played the entire second half. That was a mistake by the coach. He overreacted to the loss and got away from the things that were working for Cleveland to date.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

The biggest issue for Cleveland is Irving and JR Smith don't play any defense whatsoever and Lowry and Derozan are having field days when being guarded by those two. I know people have the typical "why doesn't Lebron cover one of them" logic, well Lebron has been for parts of the game, but if he is going to play 45 minutes a game, which Tyronne Lue seems like he wants to do for whatever reason, he can't do literally everything at an elite level for the whole game.

and as I mentioned, the Kevin Love being outplayed by Bismack situation is a joke, Love needs to get his head of his ass. Biyombo is out hustling him and just seems like he wants the ball more. I don't get how a guy who led league in rebounding numerous times forgot how to rebound and gets embarrassed by a guy like Bismack.

Because Love is a little bitch who has found it impossible to come to grips with the fact that he's option #3 in the Cavs system.
    We miss you Mike.

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I read he played the entire second half. That was a mistake by the coach. He overreacted to the loss and got away from the things that were working for Cleveland to date.
    Agree, rookie mistake. James is trying to find out who will stand with him, not just be the lone ranger.

Major Leaguer
    Sox win tonight and I'm bummed about Steph's team being slobbernockered.

Sheees.

Quote Originally Posted by SinceYaz View Post
    Sox win tonight and I'm bummed about Steph's team being slobbernockered.

Sheees.
    Sox win + OKC win = A perfect day

There's a reason why my username is Thunder.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

About time Kevin Love showed up.. These playoffs have been very odd and unpredictable.