Register now to remove this ad

Page 439 of 471 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 7063

Thread: Official NBA thread

Deity
    I could care less by the way where Lebron James goes next year as long as it isn't Boston. I do realize how talented he is also but if I wasn't concerned about the negative feedback I would get here I would call him a big bag of shit but I won't. I don't want you youngsters going nuts on me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I could care less by the way where Lebron James goes next year as long as it isn't Boston. I do realize how talented he is also but if I wasn't concerned about the negative feedback I would get here I would call him a big bag of shit but I won't. I don't want you youngsters going nuts on me. lol
    The thing about getting Lebron is that he'd become your next GM at the same time. (You already have a good one.)

He's already proven he's not a good GM.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The thing about getting Lebron is that he'd become your next GM at the same time. (You already have a good one.)

He's already proven he's not a good GM.
    I like his politics and of course what a Thoroughbred athlete that he is but I am nonplussed by the rest.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

If you have a chance to get Lebron on your team, you take him, he instantly makes any team (especially the Celtics who already have a good roster) a championship contender. I can't see anyway he ends up in Boston though, since him and Kyrie ended the way they did.

I wouldn't want him either, he's 33 and not worth the headache at this point. If we were some ne'er-do-well franchise like the Knicks or Sixers I'd say do it, but we're not. LeBron's turned into an insufferable shitbag ever since rejoining Cleveland. And I say that as someone who defended him vigorously during his Miami years.

I don't see any way he doesn't sign with LA this summer, especially now that they're assured to have the cap space to sign him and another max player free and clear. He and the Lakers are tailor-made for each other at this point. The biggest drama queen and Spike Lee wannabe in the entire league joining the most drama-hungry franchise and obnoxiously far-left media market on the planet. We all know LeBron wants to segue into showbiz when he's done with basketball, what better place than LA to get the ball rolling on that? On the court, he gets to etch his name into the lore of one of the NBA's original-six caliber franchises and have as good a shot at a championship as he would anywhere else in the league, unless he cheesed his way to Golden State.
    Last edited by Jacoby_Ellsbury; 02-10-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Celtics are really racking up the bad losses lately. Got blown out at home by Orlando a couple weeks ago, then they respond by dropping the very next game to this year's lame-duck version of the Lakers, they got obliterated in Toronto, and now last night they took the first half off against the Pacers, came back to take the lead (because the Pacers are a lousy team), then threw the game away by playing heroball and kicking out for dumb threes on fast breaks.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Celtics are really racking up the bad losses lately. Got blown out at home by Orlando a couple weeks ago, then they respond by dropping the very next game to this year's lame-duck version of the Lakers, they got obliterated in Toronto, and now last night they took the first half off against the Pacers, came back to take the lead (because the Pacers are a lousy team), then threw the game away by playing heroball and kicking out for dumb threes on fast breaks.
    Hey I got nothing for you - pretty much sums it up.

Celts are a 50 win team that was scorching hot to begin the season.

They will have their ups and downs. Right now they are playing poorly.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    I wouldn't want him either, he's 33 and not worth the headache at this point. If we were some ne'er-do-well franchise like the Knicks or Sixers I'd say do it, but we're not. LeBron's turned into an insufferable shitbag ever since rejoining Cleveland. And I say that as someone who defended him vigorously during his Miami years.

I don't see any way he doesn't sign with LA this summer, especially now that they're assured to have the cap space to sign him and another max player free and clear. He and the Lakers are tailor-made for each other at this point. The biggest drama queen and Spike Lee wannabe in the entire league joining the most drama-hungry franchise and obnoxiously far-left media market on the planet. We all know LeBron wants to segue into showbiz when he's done with basketball, what better place than LA to get the ball rolling on that? On the court, he gets to etch his name into the lore of one of the NBA's original-six caliber franchises and have as good a shot at a championship as he would anywhere else in the league, unless he cheesed his way to Golden State.
    I feel the same way.

Cavs have looked a lot better since the trade. I think that's three wins in a row, including a blowout victory over the Celtics in Boston.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Cavs have looked a lot better since the trade. I think that's three wins in a row, including a blowout victory over the Celtics in Boston.
    My oh my what a beat down.

My oh my what a beat down.
    Yup.

Celts have a way to go.

Deity
    Watching Paul Pierce being honored. Being a Celtic = one of the most special things in all of sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtiu9hLBlxE

Jaylen takes a BAD fall after he dunks and loses his grip on the rim. Who knows how long he'll be out. I'm just happy he can walk after that, thought he broke his neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtiu9hLBlxE

Jaylen takes a BAD fall after he dunks and loses his grip on the rim. Who knows how long he'll be out. I'm just happy he can walk after that, thought he broke his neck.
    I just came here to mention this. I saw it happen in real time. It was scary as fuck. I hope that he will be okay going forward.