Register now to remove this ad

Page 426 of 471 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Yeah I was rooting for Curry. He embodies much of what I want myself to be. Plus, there's his wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I actually see quite a few Stephen Curry haters, will never understand it, seems like a really good guy and literally has no drama/off the court issues. He overcame a decent amount early on in his career (wasn't heavily recruited, went to Davidson, lots of early injuries) and even sort of screwed himself by signing a "cheap" contract early in his career and never complained. I don't care for the Warriors at all and hate that KD went there, but I really like Steph, he's a humble, great player. Probably best shooter ever.

I loved watching him play at Davidson. I couldn't believe he fell as far as he did. The greatest shooter I've ever seen even in 2007.

Celtics just got Kyrie Irving for IT, Crowder, Zizic, and Nets 1st rounder.

Hate to give up Crowder or that pick but other otherwise I like this deal.

IT still has to pass a physical. This may not be over just yet.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I don't like deal at all for Celtics. Difference between Kyrie and IT isn't enough to warrant giving up Crowder, a good prospect and the Nets pick. Cavs now have some good trade bait to acquire another star.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't like deal at all for Celtics. Difference between Kyrie and IT isn't enough to warrant giving up Crowder, a good prospect and the Nets pick. Cavs now have some good trade bait to acquire another star.
    I think this deal was about the long term too. I don't feel great about giving IT the max as a 30 year old with a bad hip. Eventually, he's not going to have the explosiveness to score at the rim at well, and he'll be an even worse defensive liability than he is now.

Crowder is a replaceable part with Tatum and Brown, and Zizic looked like garbage in the Summer League. That pick hurts though. I'm surprised they low balled the Pacers and Bulls for George and Butler, but went huge for Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    I think this deal was about the long term too. I don't feel great about giving IT the max as a 30 year old with a bad hip. Eventually, he's not going to have the explosiveness to score at the rim at well, and he'll be an even worse defensive liability than he is now.

Crowder is a replaceable part with Tatum and Brown, and Zizic looked like garbage in the Summer League. That pick hurts though. I'm surprised they low balled the Pacers and Bulls for George and Butler, but went huge for Irving.
    I agree with everything in this post except the loss of Crowder. Tatum and Brown have skills but they don't have an overall game like Crowder.

But the Sox got Morris so I guess ( or hope ) that it evens out.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I agree with everything in this post except the loss of Crowder. Tatum and Brown have skills but they don't have an overall game like Crowder.

But the Sox got Morris so I guess ( or hope ) that it evens out.
    I think Crowder is a good player on a good contract, but he was looking at a lot of bench minutes with Hayward on the roster. I'm a big Morris twins fan, and I think Tatum is already a better offensive talent than Crowder. They'll miss the perimeter defense though.

I still think the Cavs are favorites in the East.

Yes, probably.

Losing that #1 pick doesn't sit well with me at all.

Deity
    i think that you are probably right here but it is close. If Brown and Tatum come along, i 'm going with us. This is a very very good trade for Celtics IMO. I appreciate what both IT and Crowder gave to us, but it wasn't going to be enough going forward. "Backing up the Brinks" truck for IT just wasn't going to happen and I think Crowder was destined to be a role player. I'm very anxious to see what the Coach Stevens can accomplish with this group. Just another great move for the future for this team!

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Losing that #1 pick doesn't sit well with me at all.
    You'll get over it when Kyrie Irving is dropping 35 a night.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    i think that you are probably right here but it is close. If Brown and Tatum come along, i 'm going with us. This is a very very good trade for Celtics IMO. I appreciate what both IT and Crowder gave to us, but it wasn't going to be enough going forward. "Backing up the Brinks" truck for IT just wasn't going to happen and I think Crowder was destined to be a role player. I'm very anxious to see what the Coach Stevens can accomplish with this group. Just another great move for the future for this team!
    As long as the Cavs have LeBron, they have to be considered the favorites. I still think Celtics get bounced in five or six.