Register now to remove this ad

Page 423 of 471 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

All-Star
    End of a very good season for the Celtics. Looking forward to what should be a very interesting offseason.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisk View Post
    End of a very good season for the Celtics. Looking forward to what should be a very interesting offseason.
    It was an enjoyable season. The first one I have paid much attention to in quite some time. I too am anxious to see what they do during the off season. have to say though that I hope that it doesn't include a play for C. Anthony.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    It was an enjoyable season. The first one I have paid much attention to in quite some time. I too am anxious to see what they do during the off season. have to say though that I hope that it doesn't include a play for C. Anthony.
    I'd be very surprised if they go after Carmello. Draft Fultz, go all out for Heyward, and trade for an interior defender and rebounder.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisk View Post
    I'd be very surprised if they go after Carmello. Draft Fultz, go all out for Heyward, and trade for an interior defender and rebounder.
    I agree with this. I'm not sure who that interior defender and rebounder might be. Fultz, Heyward and one more good tough big one and we are on the way.

This Warriors team isn't even fun to watch. I can't believe a team actually has two MVPs and 4 all stars in one lineup. This is so lame.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    This Warriors team isn't even fun to watch. I can't believe a team actually has two MVPs and 4 all stars in one lineup. This is so lame.
    I agree with you here but I sure wasn't complaining when we had Bird, McHale, Parrish, DJ, and Danny with big Bill coming off the bench. Celtics of the 60's were pretty sweet as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't disagree. The one thing that's sort of ironic is that Lebron is the guy who sort of paved the way for what Durant did when he 'took his talents to South Beach' to hook up with Wade and Bosh.

The days of building a team like Red did it are gone, I guess.

This NBA Championship holds no interest for me.

All I hear or see is talk about how Lebron is the greatest player of all time or how if he wins this series he will surpass Jordan and such nonsense. And talk of the Warriors being the greatest team of all time.

All of it is just bullshit designed to get clicks and generate money for those who profit from this industry.

Most old time fans of the game look at this shit and shake their heads.

Pretty soon you all will be watching a real version of Running Man and you won't know how it all came to be.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Not sure I will ever watch a version of Running Man wtf it is. All things change don't they. Kind of like the over emphasis on data collection in baseball for me. About Red - I loved him but I'm a New Englander and a forever Celtics fan. i'm not sure that anyone outside of New England gets to excited about the way Red conducted his BB business. From heat in the visitor's locker rooms to cigars on the bench to helping to re-write the rules on the way players could be drafted. In our estimation, he was always one step ahead for sure.

Not sure I will ever watch a version of Running Man wtf it is. All things change don't they. Kind of like the over emphasis on data collection in baseball for me. About Red - I loved him but I'm a New Englander and a forever Celtics fan. i'm not sure that anyone outside of New England gets to excited about the way Red conducted his BB business. From heat in the visitor's locker rooms to cigars on the bench to helping to re-write the rules on the way players could be drafted. In our estimation, he was always one step ahead for sure.
    Running Man is an Arnold Movie. It is worth your time to watch.

Red was a giant prick as well. He yelled profane words at me once at the Garden as I attempted to sit where I should not have been sitting. He was sitting there talking to Don Cheyney's Wife about an hour before a game. I tried to sit down about ten rows in front of them and he erupted "Get the fuck out of there. You don't belong there!"

Lol.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    The days of building a team like Red did it are gone, I guess.

This NBA Championship holds no interest for me.

All I hear or see is talk about how Lebron is the greatest player of all time or how if he wins this series he will surpass Jordan and such nonsense. And talk of the Warriors being the greatest team of all time.

All of it is just bullshit designed to get clicks and generate money for those who profit from this industry.

Most old time fans of the game look at this shit and shake their heads.

Pretty soon you all will be watching a real version of Running Man and you won't know how it all came to be.
    The NBA is a joke. The Warriors added one of the best players in the game, Durant to the best regular season team of all time. The only team that can compete is the Cavaliers. Below the Cavaliers there are a few Western Conference teams that are good teams. The rest of the league and the whole Eastern Conference sans the Cavs are doormats. The league is a joke. Durant is going to pat himself on the back for winning a Championship as a hired gun on an All Star team. Whenever Lebron goes somewhere he brings along with him a core of All Stars. He did it in Miami and in Cleveland. Big whoop.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Running Man is an Arnold Movie. It is worth your time to watch.

Red was a giant prick as well. He yelled profane words at me once at the Garden as I attempted to sit where I should not have been sitting. He was sitting there talking to Don Cheyney's Wife about an hour before a game. I tried to sit down about ten rows in front of them and he erupted "Get the fuck out of there. You don't belong there!"

Lol.
    Running Man it is (rainy day as usual)

Running Man it is (rainy day as usual)
    I love the part Jesse The Body has in this movie. lol

Almost as good as "I ain't got time to bleed".

I watched 1 game of these Finals because it had no appeal to me whatsoever. I hate the Cavs, I hate the Warriors, and I hate Durant for leaving OKC. But, for all we know, these two teams are bound to meet in the Finals every year until 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

just caught up on what the Celtics did on draft day, tradng down, getting Tatum and getting another #1 pick in either '18 ( if that pick is between #2-#5) or '19. They still have Nets' '18 #1 pick and I've herd there might be some big men to take in next year's draft. What's the overall feelings on this strategy here on talksox? I'll make it known, I trust Ainge a lot and if he thinks there's not much difference between Fultz, Ball, Tatum, Jackson, etc. and they got who they were going to pick anyway at #1 or #3 and got another future #1 pick down the road, I'm fine with it.