Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official College Basketball Thread

Official College Basketball Thread

Yeah... I thought this should be made, well, becaus college basketball owns so much, and its quickly becoming one of my favorite sports to watch.

Villanova (4)is playing Oklahoma (5) today. This has been a pretty good game so far - tied at 35 at the half. Villanova is a team that intrigues me, mostly because of the fact that they use a 4 guard starting lineup.

Kentucky (10) lost to UNC today too... shocking. Especially since Rajon Rondo shot friggin 9-11 from the floor.

Cant wait till BC starts playing some ACC teams. Im really looking forward to the coming weeks as theyll play MSU and Maryland, both very good teams.

Re: Official College Basketball Thread

Yeah I was thinking about making this thread, it's overdue.

ACC play should be good this year. Duke vs. Texas next weekend should be a dandy. Go Devils!
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Legend

That was a hell of a game between Villanova and Oklahoma, last night. I wish Villanova wasn't a Big East team, as I'm a UConn fan, so I didn't have to feel bad about cheering for 'em because I love watching them play. That said, UConn is still taking the Big East... and the National Championship.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

I see the 'Cuse winning, they are a good team, UNC doesn't have a chance without May, McCants, Williams and Felton. Felton played for them right? I had a huge brain fart about an hour ago and I can't remember if he played for UNC anyway, without those dudes, I think Syracuse or Illinois.
    Marcus Camby 4 Defensive POTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBrown32 View Post
    I see the 'Cuse winning, they are a good team, UNC doesn't have a chance without May, McCants, Williams and Felton. Felton played for them right? I had a huge brain fart about an hour ago and I can't remember if he played for UNC anyway, without those dudes, I think Syracuse or Illinois.
    Yes Felton was a Tar-Heel. You're right, they aren't the same team as last year. Illinois is good but the loss of Deron Williams will be hard to overcome. Its going to be a great season though.

Syracuse has already lost to Bucknell and Florida, McNamara hasn't looked like his normal self. I don't think they're the same without Warrick.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker323 View Post
    Syracuse has already lost to Bucknell and Florida, McNamara hasn't looked like his normal self. I don't think they're the same without Warrick.
    Macnamara is a very one dimensional player. He's a garbage catch and shoot, I'm only gonna make it if I'm wide open, player ... he's Steve Kerr.

LETS GO DUKE LETS GO DUKE!

Last night McNamara dished out 10 assists, so if hes not scoring thats not all bad. Demetris Nichols (Boston Native) shot 50% from 3 point range last night and he is our 3 point threat now, along with Diaper Dandy Eric Devendorf who had 19 points last night also, played for Oak Hill last year.

Looking at their losses, florida is now ranked #11, obviously that is not a bad loss. And last year Bucknell beat #7 Pitt @ Pitt, and #10 Kansas in the Tourney, and they returned all of their starters. Also 'Cuse killed Texas Tech at MSG. By the time January Rolls around, Hall of Fame Coach, Jim Boeheim, will have these guys ready to play and compete night in and night out.

Hey MC,

here is my all time favorite Duke picture.

Washington plays Gonzaga tonight, both top 25 teams. Thats gonna be a great game as well. I want Gonzaga to lose, even though I kinda like them, just so BC can improve theyre ranking.

Did anyone see the Duke/VT game? Holy shit. I didnt see it, but I heard things. Dockery hit a shot from halfcourt to win the game as time expired.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213 View Post
    Did anyone see the Duke/VT game? Holy shit. I didnt see it, but I heard things. Dockery hit a shot from halfcourt to win the game as time expired.
    Just saw that on Sportscenter, WOW that was freakin awesome
    The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are:
    "Why is it doing that?",
    "Where the hell are we?"
    and "Oh Shit!"

i was watching that game it was an amazing ending. showing that duke still is the best. v tech fans were making fun of the cameron crazies but that shot shut them right up. GO DUKE

And Duke still reigns. Redick haters can hate all they want...I assume that was a picture taken in Maryland. They are a disgrace, with "fuck Duke" on their shirts. OH well Redick will continue to own the ACC and waltz right in the NBA draft and laugh alll the way to the bank and to a professional career in something those two guys could only wish they could play 1/100000000th as good as JJ. Lets go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeessuck013 View Post
    Hey MC,

here is my all time favorite Duke picture.

We'll see how funny it is in March.

Everyone makes jokes about JJ but he's hands down the best player in the nation.