Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New Contest! Referrals!

Talksox.com is now announcing its second contest, the first ever Talksox Referral Contest!

To enter, state your desire to enter in this thread, and then refer as many of your friends to talksox as possible. No special link is required, they simply have to sign up and then PM ME, stating who referred them.

IPs on referrals WILL be checked, and cheaters will be reprimanded and immediately disqualified from the contest. Email validation will be put in place for the duration of this contest, so all new members need to have valid email accounts.

It is also required that referrals have a minum of 5 posts on talksox before they count as referrals. Standings will be posted in this thread, updated when new referrals come in so that members know their standings within the contest.

This contest will last until Independence day, July 4th, 2004, which does not leave a lot of time. The contest is being done this way rather than through the use of a traditional referral modification to the forum because this way, genuine referrals can be counted.

The prize for this contest is a $30 gift certificate to the MLB.com store, or $40 if the winner refers more than 10 people. This contest is open to all members, provided that they abide by the guidelines.

Not only will this benefit he who wins, but it will also benefit the community by (hopefully) adding a handful of new members.

I will do this.

Triple A
    Count me in

Why not? I'll see if I can get some people to join up...

So far:
    0 pms sent to me. First person to get one in takes the lead!

enter me in, ill try but dont know how many i can get

i had someone register, but he cant pm you, his name is aimfrep, can you figure this out

it says validating next to his name on the member list

Yankehater, did he validate his email address? He needs to do that before he can pm/post

The updated standings are:
    Tek33rules: 1
    Everyone else: 0

haha, ok, i got it

i got 2, aimfrep and Yanks Own (he told me he wouldnt be an ass)

yankshater213: 4
    tek33rules: 2

Just a reminder, referrals must make 5 posts. These will be checked at the end and referrals that do not have 5 posts will not count towards the final score.

I keep ttelling the ones i invite to post 5 times min.

ive got Yankees Own, aimfrep, and element1151 all with 5 posts, and another will have 5 by the end of the night

So you just invited me for a contest?

I feel so betrayed.

no, i also wanted to expand talksox to a bigger, and more active community. yes it was during a contest but that was the point of the contest, to invite new people. i saw you were active on another site so i invited you