Register now to remove this ad

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Jon Lester

www.soxprospects.com

Re: Jon Lester

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    How can you come to such a conclusion about Willis-- that he can't pitch in the AL? On what data are you basing this conclusion? My obsession with him is that he is the best and yuoungest available pitcher playing for a team that seems hell-bent on unloading him. You would rather the Yankees land the guy?
    The Yankees have no chance at landing him unless they part with Hughes, Duncan and others in a deal. I get the sense they are holding onto Hughes because he is that good of a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by jsinger121 View Post
    The Yankees have no chance at landing him unless they part with Hughes, Duncan and others in a deal. I get the sense they are holding onto Hughes because he is that good of a prospect.
    The Yankees have ways of sneaking $ into deal, so never say never when it comes to those pinstripe bastards.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

This is my rifle....

The Yankees have ways of sneaking $ into deal, so never say never when it comes to those pinstripe bastards.
    Florida's payroll is ~$15M. They aren't hurting for $$. Usually $$ is included when a big market club is dumping a high $$ underperformer. The Yankees have plenty of those, but I doubt any of them appeal to the Marlins. Cano and Wang are the only 2 MLB ready guys that Florida would want. Hughes and Tabata are their two best high-ceiling prospects (Duncan is off the radar since he's stinking up the joint in AAA -- .209/.279/.255, no homers). I don't think Hughes and Tabata would be enough, and losing either of Cano or Wang weakens the current team. They can't get Willis without hurting their chances this year.

www.soxprospects.com

Cash only works when taking crap off some teams hands not with young pitchers like Willis. Willis=top prospects

Lester is a good pitcher and i hope he stays in Boston for many years.

Banned

Well, lets hope he can recover before we talk about Lester hitting the field again.
    I am the biggest spaz of all time