Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How far do the Bruins go?

Major Leaguer
    wasnt as good a performance by the B's tonight by Raycroft is still playing strong and they did win...now time to go to Montreal, much better going there 2-0 than 10-1-1

Rookie
    performance smerformance, they won didnt they? Hoepfully they dont pull an Athletics and lose three in a row.....
    Ortizzle my nizzle

i didnt get to watch tonights game only the last min. but that last min looked pretty good but coulda been better if they tied the game... atleast we kno they gotta come back to boston
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

I see the Bruins going out in the 2nd round. They&#39;re lined up to play the winner of the Devils/Flyers series I believe, and I would take the Devs or Philly over the Bruins, so I say they go out in the 2nd round. They should get by the Habs though.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

not being a hockey fan, what in the hell does "habs" stand for?

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by yeszir@Apr 12 2004, 11:02 PM
    not being a hockey fan, what in the hell does "habs" stand for?
    being a hockey fan, i dno what it means...but i know its what they call the canadiens.. :P

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Habs&f=1

"Les Habitants", term of endearment for the Montreal Canadiens

Rookie
    Originally posted by ARod2212@Apr 13 2004, 04:35 PM
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Habs&f=1

"Les Habitants", term of endearment for the Montreal Canadiens
    AhA&#33; I never knew what it meant either. Thank you for posting that. Now I have to brush up on my French though....
    Ortizzle my nizzle

All-Star
    Something I heard - did the Canadien fans boo during the US Nat&#39;l Anthem at the Bruins game? Is this just a rumor...could someone confirm? I&#39;d be a little upset if they were.

Originally posted by CalvnHobs6@Apr 13 2004, 09:08 PM
    Something I heard - did the Canadien fans boo during the US Nat&#39;l Anthem at the Bruins game? Is this just a rumor...could someone confirm? I&#39;d be a little upset if they were.
    And you&#39;ve never heard of US fans booing during the Canadian national anthem? If we do it to them, its the least they could do to do it to us.

Originally posted by CalvnHobs6@Apr 13 2004, 08:08 PM
    I went to a Rangers/Leafs game at the Garden the day after Christmas this year, and there were a lot of Leaf fans at the game. At the start the Canadians booed the US Anthem and Chanted "U.S. SUCKS" when Toronto jumped out to a 5-2 lead. (Rangers came back to tie in a great game, we went nuts when the Rangers tied it up, one of the few times we cheered this year, but I digress) It wouldn&#39;t shock me to hear that the Hab fans were doing the same, and its classless and retarded. But what can ya do :unsure:

Back to the topic at hand though, they won last night in double OT. Now its only one more to advance. Woohoo&#33; Go B&#39;s&#33;
    Inaugural Talksox contest winner.

As of right now, however, the bruins are getting creamed. 4-1. Oh well, there&#39;s still 2 more games to win 1&#33;

Kovalev score tonight? He&#39;s suddenly decided to put the puck in the net since he left the Rangers. (minus that STUPID play in double OT the other day)

I&#39;m scared now, the habs have forced a game seven and the Bruins are certainly not playing top-notch hockey. Hopefully we can squeek it out and move on. It would be a shame to lose 3 in a row.