Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fenway Park Upgrades

Evil Emperor

Fenway Park Upgrades

I am aware that some work was done on Fenway this past offseason. I guess something with one of the clubs or something. The 406 or something, I dont really know. Is that all? I noticed yesterday that Pennant-shaped banners representing the Pennants and World Championships were placed on the green facing of the press box behind home plate, but thats all. Can anyone else further inform me of the changes made to the Park this past year.

Thanks

Major Leaguer

Re: Fenway Park Upgrades

The 406 club are now open air seats, plus a whole nother deck of seats were added on increasing Fenway's capacity. Thats why Fenway attendance records are being broken almost every night. The open air seats are truly the best seats in baseball right now. Also they've added concession stands and a whole bunch of other stuff. The renditions look as usual as if they've always been there.

Evil Emperor

Thanks

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    Thanks

I'm sorry about earlier.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by redoctober View Post
    I'm sorry about earlier.
    As am I. But really, no need to appologize.

Major Leaguer

As am I. But really, no need to appologize.

I felt I should though. I came out and attacked you based on my supposition.

All-Star

the best seats in baseball are fenway bleachers. i don't know about you guys, but when i go to a game there is nothing i want more than to sit back with the crowd and enjoy the game. 70% of the people there are trashed, the other 30% are just too damn happy to be there to know anything else. i love it. i've been all over fenway with the exception of the monster seats and behind home plate, nothing is as good as bleachers so far.

john
    Most dominant pitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    The A's are going to finish dead last this year in the AL West.
    They won't win the AL West for the next 3 years, the Angels will definaltly be on top of them.
    If you are stupid, I will make fun of you. :harhar:

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by ahhchon View Post
    the best seats in baseball are fenway bleachers. i don't know about you guys, but when i go to a game there is nothing i want more than to sit back with the crowd and enjoy the game. 70% of the people there are trashed, the other 30% are just too damn happy to be there to know anything else. i love it. i've been all over fenway with the exception of the monster seats and behind home plate, nothing is as good as bleachers so far.

john

Yeah the bleacher seats are great, great view of the game.

Fenway Resident

I am aware that some work was done on Fenway this past offseason. I guess something with one of the clubs or something. The 406 or something, I dont really know. Is that all? I noticed yesterday that Pennant-shaped banners representing the Pennants and World Championships were placed on the green facing of the press box behind home plate, but thats all. Can anyone else further inform me of the changes made to the Park this past year.

Thanks
    The Red Sox also at some point are going to give Fenway a Wrigley Field type of feel. The "laundry building" behind Fenway could see bleachers built onto the roof.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Yeah, the Sox are buying all the surrounding buildings/areas to accomodate the Park
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by ahhchon View Post

john
    My first and only time at Fenway so far I was sitting in the bleachers for a Yanks/Sox game back in 2001 (actually it was the game where Bryce Florie got hit in the face with a ball off of Ryan Thompson's bat). I honestly didnt think all of us (there were like 8 of us. Cousins, uncles, etc.) would get out of there without getting roughed up a little bit, especially considering that the four guys behind us were PISS DRUNK and were fucking with us the entire game.

My first and only time at Fenway so far I was sitting in the bleachers for a Yanks/Sox game back in 2001 (actually it was the game where Bryce Florie got hit in the face with a ball off of Ryan Thompson's bat). I honestly didnt think all of us (there were like 8 of us. Cousins, uncles, etc.) would get out of there without getting roughed up a little bit, especially considering that the four guys behind us were PISS DRUNK and were fucking with us the entire game.
    Wimp!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Wimp!
    I was also like 11 or 12 years old at the time.

Fenway Resident

if you ever go again, try and get seats in sections 32 & 33, the "family sections" where no drinking is allowed. Those sections is where the majority of Yankee fans are at the Sox/Yanks games.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Thanks
    Basically, they ripped out the 406 Club and the glass wall it contained. They added extra seats that are wider with more leg more. This was then called the EMC Club and its own restaurant, rest rooms and wait staff. They also did the same thing to a large portion of the infield Roof Boxes. They are now called Pavilon seats. The seats are box, Club , and SRO ( standing room only ). An interesting point about the SRO's in the Pavilion is that they actually have designated areas with waist high shelfs ( kind of like a bar ) that you can lean against and put your beer and munchies. The cost is I beleive is $20 for SRO tckets. Hope this helps.