Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Fantasy Baseball

So, other than the Sox, the best part about Baseball season is Fantasy Baseball. I personally like Yahoo's free fantasy baseball leagues and am in one with all my friends.

What do you guys like, who are are your favorite players for fantasy, and what are some of your strategies...

...and maybe we should set up a fantasy baseball mini-forum

im a big BIG fantasy baseball player, this year on yahoo i have 12 teams... i dont really have a fav. player for fantasy mostly i try to get the red sox and this year i did it, on one of my teams i got all the redsox.... so if they suck, ill suck and if they do good, ill do good
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

I only have one team this year (on yahoo) because I found last year that it as taking up way too much of my time. Remember, the key to fantasy baseball is getting PUJOLS. Last year I had pujy and a-rod on my team. Needles to say i won.

you would&#39;ve had to try hard to lose.

Originally posted by QuitHatingManny@Apr 4 2004, 09:08 PM
    you would&#39;ve had to try hard to lose.
    Actually, it was surprising. I was out by a lot until i picked up Frank Thomas and some asshole in the league (who just so happens to post on this site) dropped all of his players and I managed to snag Halliday. But dont say I cheated.

Last season was funny. Damn, twelve teams? Good luck keeping track of them all...

Fantasy baseball is awesome, but it sometimes controls my life and tells me to burn things. Or maybe that&#39;s just the voices in my head.

Wait, what?
    I have no sig. Sue me.

I have three teams on Yahoo. All of my teams are looking really good.

Rookie
    I have one yahoo team, and its tanking. I was invited to a cbs sportsline keeper league, but I realized it would be too big of a commitment, because the people in that league were really really really hardcore about their fantasy baseball. (the league costs 150 bucks I think, just to set up&#33.
    Ortizzle my nizzle

Triple A
    Some asshole, eh? :-p

(Not that it&#39;s important...but if Gid hadn&#39;t ruined my team, I wouldn&#39;t have dropped my players.)

&#036;150/person, or per league?

I have one private league with school friends (with money on it), and a couple of public leagues that I don&#39;t care too much about.

Same with me. I&#39;m actually in Sinix&#39;s league. I think a lot of us on here are.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

I have a pay cbs sportsline account. I think I paid 14 dollars for my team, and the winner of the league gets 50 I believe. Its nicer than yahoo, and more professional. I dont mind shelling out the extra 15 or so bucks for it.
    Inaugural Talksox contest winner.

Yeah, but I&#39;m a cheap bastard. No way I&#39;d pay for extra luxuries.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

15 bucks a year is worth it imo, if its for a high quality, well run league. I remember last year there were a few days where no stats were updated on yahoo. Plus cbs sportsline leagues are compeltely customizeable.