Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Changing Dynamic"

Re: "Changing Dynamic"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRivernator View Post
    seriously, I shouldnt have to explain the logic of following the loss column to every single person that asks. Losses are games that cannot be made up in the standings. Wins can be. If you trail somebody by X number of games in the win column, that only means that they have played more games than you. If you trail somebody by X number of games in the loss column, then that means that you cannot get those games back and you therefore need help to overtake them. Put it this way, the easiest way to determine who is in first is by going like this. If the yankees and sox both win all their remaining games (I know impossible and improbable) who would be in first. Thats how I look at it. Your loss is a game that you cannot make up and you require help to get that game back. The loss column is the way to go, period....

I understand what you are saying, and have everytime you try and make this point. The fact remains that we are both going to play 162 games and you are assuming that the 2 games the yanks haven't played yet that the sox have, they are going to win---that's all i am pointing out. I assume nothing! If they split them, we are in the same boat as last year!
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and have everytime you try and make this point. The fact remains that we are both going to play 162 games and you are assuming that the 2 games the yanks haven't played yet that the sox have, they are going to win---that's all i am pointing out. I assume nothing! If they split them, we are in the same boat as last year!
    I have made the point that we are not even a quarter of the way through this thing yet. Long way to go, but it is good to see where you stand....
    1.0 back

Quote Originally Posted by TheRivernator View Post
    I have made the point that we are not even a quarter of the way through this thing yet. Long way to go, but it is good to see where you stand....
    I was responding to your post--i know we have 3/4 of the season to go and we are in may. We are talking semantics here---i was just pointing out that by your logic in looking in the loss column if we are in this position at the end of the year, you assume the yanks win the 2 remaining games. I don't assume anything.

Anyway it's may and it looks like 2 days with no baseball--so that sucks!
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan