Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: The No-No Thread

Re: The No-No Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jsinger121;195255;
    His no hitter was good for him but his K/BB ratio is nothing special in the NL east.
    Yeah, but his minor league track record clearly indicates that he will improve. Besides, aren't you the one who's always stressing patience when it comes to young kids? This kid already has a sub 3.00 ERA. His talent is clearly legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;195261;
    Yeah, but his minor league track record clearly indicates that he will improve. Besides, aren't you the one who's always stressing patience when it comes to young kids? This kid already has a sub 3.00 ERA. His talent is clearly legit.
    Florida's GM clearly has an eye for talent.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

www.soxprospects.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;195261;
    It is legit talent. He is a very good talent but he would not be doing that in the AL let alone the AL east if he was thrust into the race with all our injuries. Hell he wouldn't even be in the big leagues right now if he was still in the sox organization.

Lead-off triple by DeJesus spoils Unit's No-No. Too bad.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by jsinger121;195267;
    It is legit talent. He is a very good talent but he would not be doing that in the AL let alone the AL east if he was thrust into the race with all our injuries. Hell he wouldn't even be in the big leagues right now if he was still in the sox organization.
    I don't know if his ERA would be THAT low, but it would be pretty good. I liked him over Lester because he threw offspeed pitches. His best pitch is his changeup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

www.soxprospects.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;195269;
    I don't know if his ERA would be THAT low, but it would be pretty good. I liked him over Lester because he threw offspeed pitches. His best pitch is his changeup.
    I loved all 3 of them (Lester, Paps, Anibal) but sometimes you have to give up something to get something (Beckett). I would still wait a year or 2 more before making an evaluation on this trade before we called it a good one or a bad one.

All-Star

Wow Sanchez threw a no-no it was nice to see another one that's the first one since what 2004 when Johnson threw one. Speaking of Johnson it was nice to see his no-no broke up by Dejesus. It made my day that's for sure.
    1903,1912,1915,1916,2004,2007 World Series Champions

The trade is lookin awful good on the otehr side of the fence, for now at least. But in order for it to switch sides, we need a 20 win year from Beckett or at least a big contribution next year. I mean Anibal with a no-no, Hanley hittin' .270, and bright futures for both, it could turn out to be a varitek, lowe trade with us on the opposite side this time.
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Cityofchampions33;195275;
    The trade is lookin awful good on the otehr side of the fence, for now at least. But in order for it to switch sides, we need a 20 win year from Beckett or at least a big contribution next year. I mean Anibal with a no-no, Hanley hittin' .270, and bright futures for both, it could turn out to be a varitek, lowe trade with us on the opposite side this time.
    That trade was a 2 for 1-- the one being an over the hill closer-- Heathcliff Slocumb. Slocumb can hardly be compared to Beckett, and two years of Mike Lowell-- a gold glove 3B with a good bat isn't a bad throw in.

hey theo great move dumbass. Josh Beckett is so much better than Anibal Sanchez. Lowell is the future afterall as well.

It's true, the boy wonder can do no wrong.
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE
    AFTER A WHILE YOUR YOUR CHEAP TALK DON'T EVERN CAUSE ME PAIN
    SO LET YOUR BULLETS FLY LIKE RAIN
    http://www.nbc11.com/entertainment/9811309/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ray10;195271;
    Wow Sanchez threw a no-no it was nice to see another one that's the first one since what 2004 when Johnson threw one. Speaking of Johnson it was nice to see his no-no broke up by Dejesus. It made my day that's for sure.
    DeJesus breaking up RJ's made your day? :lol:
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE
    AFTER A WHILE YOUR YOUR CHEAP TALK DON'T EVERN CAUSE ME PAIN
    SO LET YOUR BULLETS FLY LIKE RAIN
    http://www.nbc11.com/entertainment/9811309/detail.html

www.soxprospects.com

Quote Originally Posted by empirestrikesback26;195294;
    hey theo great move dumbass. Josh Beckett is so much better than Anibal Sanchez. Lowell is the future afterall as well.

It wouldn't be wise to judge a trade based on 1 season. Hell Sanchez and Hanley could flop in 2007. And besides Theo wasn't even the GM when the trade was made.

Quote Originally Posted by jsinger121;195303;
    It wouldn't be wise to judge a trade based on 1 season. Hell Sanchez and Hanley could flop in 2007. And besides Theo wasn't even the GM when the trade was made.
    Yes it is. This trade was AWFUL. What are the chances Hanley becomes another Angel Berroa? Pretty much zero. And Sanchez was pumping 95 mph fastballs in the 9th inning. He's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by empirestrikesback26

After reading this, I have no idea how you can criticize ANYTHING I say. Plus:

A.) I will still take Beckett over Sanchez over the next ten years.
    B.) Why are you criticizing Lowell? A-Rod is the worst fielding 3rd baseman in baseball. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Sox fan in Tex;195335;
    B.) Why are you criticizing Lowell? A-Rod is the worst fielding 3rd baseman in baseball. :lol:
    What does A-Rod have to do with anything regarding this topic?
    Gabe Kapler is full of heart and determination:
    http://nomaas.org/images/kaplerftl.gif
    :lol: