Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The No-No Thread

Re: The No-No Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beckett95 View Post
    Burnett did have 9 BB and 7 K's

Bud Smith has only pitched in 27 MLB games in his career all with the cardinals. He was 7-8 with an era of 4.95 with the Cardinals and is now in the Twins minor leagues.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...ud-smith.shtml
    he is a soft throwing lefty who was the centerpiece of the package that moved Rolen from Philly to StL. He fizzled out in Philly's AAA level and is now branded as a AAAA player....
    1.0 back

Quote Originally Posted by TheRivernator View Post
    he is a soft throwing lefty who was the centerpiece of the package that moved Rolen from Philly to StL. He fizzled out in Philly's AAA level and is now branded as a AAAA player....
    No, he was just thrown in. Polanco was the centerpiece, I talked to the Phillies bench coach, Gary Varsho, about a week after the deal.
    2007 World Series Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;306386;
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith1229 View Post
    No, he was just thrown in. Polanco was the centerpiece, I talked to the Phillies bench coach, Gary Varsho, about a week after the deal.
    Polanco was Rolen's replacement at 3b, Smith was supposed to be the middle of the rotation starter to stabilize their hurting rotation. Smith was absolutely not a throw in, he was a high end prospect that they coveted badly....
    1.0 back

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples View Post
    didn't burnett walk 9 guys in his no-hitter. and whos bud smith? i still love the astros 6 pitcher no-hitter against the yankees.
    Last I remember he was shipped to Philly in the Scott Rolen deal (I think, could be mistaken). Thankd Beckett95 for the update on Bud.

And I bet you loved that 6 pitcher no-hit job. The most illegitimate no-hitter in history :lol:
    I personally think that a no-hitter shouldnt be recognized as a no hitter if it takes more than one pitcher to get it done. But I know that i'm going to get jumped on because the 6-pitcherjob was done against the Yankees, but thats not my reasoning for why I feel this way.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by TheRivernator View Post
    Polanco was Rolen's replacement at 3b, Smith was supposed to be the middle of the rotation starter to stabilize their hurting rotation. Smith was absolutely not a throw in, he was a high end prospect that they coveted badly....
    Agreed. Polanco wasn't considered a really good player at the time of the trade. He really made his name in Philly. No way he was the centerpiece, if anything he was the throw-in. They would have definately needed to get somebody to play at the Major League level in that deal to please the fans. It just happened to work out well. Nobody predicted it would turn out the way it did for Polanco.

matt cain from the giants almost had a no no yesterday tossing a one hitter

and remember that time that mussina came in and pitched a perfect game until carl everett crushed that. Good times.

Even though its the yankees, it would be just another addition to the rivalry if someone would throw a pefect game, from either team.

1 4 8 9 27=HISTORY

"The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the '60s I tested everything".-Bill "Spaceman" LEE
    PATS, BRUINS, CELTICS, SOX

All-Star

Jamey Wright of the Giants has not given up a hit through 1 inning against the Cards.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Jamey Wright of the Giants is currently perfect through 1 inning against the Cards.
    Hahah, come on Moose, at least let him get to 4 innings before you send the Kaibash (sp) his way.

All-Star

LOL, I edited it. He hit Eckstein, so the PG is no longer there.

EDIT: Whoops, Rolen got a hit. Maybe next time, Jamey.

Zambrano has a no-no through 6 today

funny, hes let up 1 run

he has 6 BB and has thrown 115 pitches threw 6

there goes th no-no, he had it for 6.2 innings

damnit i jinxed him

he bb'd 4 after a 40 pitch 1st inning
    hes 7 outs away which in itself is a mile

and thats the end of that story
    hes a mental case,borderline insane but in a good way
    with maddox prior and wood who would think that carlo would be their best pitcher

he let up a double to betemit and a run scoring single to giles in the 7th