Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Yankees vs. Mets - 5/20

This is my rifle....

Re: Yankees vs. Mets - 5/20

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderTheGreat13 View Post
    If you have read his chat wraps or articles over the years you would know what I'm talking about. As a matter a fact about a couple of months ago he got very upset because Yankee fans were bombarding him with questions about Tyler Clippard.
    I've read him, and it's obvious he's no Yankee fan. That said, he makes his money as a baseball analyst. I'll give his objectivity the benefit of the doubt since it doesn't do him any good to be subjective. I made that comment because it is common for Yankee fans to try and discredit any analysis that doesn't favor their guy as biased.

I didn't catch what he said about Clippard, got a link?

damn you billy wagner. hold a freakin' lead!!!!

you're turning into mariano out there!

and I do feel real bad for that horse. Not a huge fan of horse racing, or any racing of animal. If you want to run on your own, thats fine but being forced to by another animal isn't exactly my idea of humane.

sad sad story.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irishsoxphan View Post
    being forced to by another animal isn't exactly my idea of humane

Humans: Sentient
    Horses: Not
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    I've read him, and it's obvious he's no Yankee fan. That said, he makes his money as a baseball analyst. I'll give his objectivity the benefit of the doubt since it doesn't do him any good to be subjective. I made that comment because it is common for Yankee fans to try and discredit any analysis that doesn't favor their guy as biased.

I didn't catch what he said about Clippard, got a link?
    Look under ESPN baseball america chat wrap archives. It was sometime during August of last season. That said while I dont think the entire world hates the Yankees I just find it disrectpectful for people that are supposed to be professionals to say and write things that are biased. I remember last season Jayson Stak called the Yankees garbage pickers for picking up guys like Shawn Chacon. Not only is it disrespectful toward the Yankees but Stark is also calling Chacon garbage. Dayn Perry is another one. He just wrote an article about how Babe Ruth is overrated.
    Gabe Kapler is full of heart and determination:
    http://nomaas.org/images/kaplerftl.gif
    :lol:

and I do feel real bad for that horse. Not a huge fan of horse racing, or any racing of animal. If you want to run on your own, thats fine but being forced to by another animal isn't exactly my idea of humane.
    Fuck you. You ruined it. I refuse to have sympathy for any animal ever again. I will now ingest three meals that consist of meat tommorow just to spite you.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderTheGreat13 View Post
    Look under ESPN baseball america chat wrap archives. It was sometime during August of last season. That said while I dont think the entire world hates the Yankees I just find it disrectpectful for people that are supposed to be professionals to say and write things that are biased. I remember last season Jayson Stak called the Yankees garbage pickers for picking up guys like Shawn Chacon. Not only is it disrespectful toward the Yankees but Stark is also calling Chacon garbage. Dayn Perry is another one. He just wrote an article about how Babe Ruth is overrated.
    Perry made a pretty good point. I don't think Ruth was overrated, but Perry does make a convincing argument, though.

As for Clippard. Read the whole chat. A Yankee fan compared Tyler Clippard to Mike Mussina, and Callis, (rightfully) ridiculed it. He was then swarmed by massive amounts of hate questions on why Tyler Clippard isn't the best prospect of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows View Post
    Perry made a pretty good point. I don't think Ruth was overrated, but Perry does make a convincing argument, though.

As for Clippard. Read the whole chat. A Yankee fan compared Tyler Clippard to Mike Mussina, and Callis, (rightfully) ridiculed it. He was then swarmed by massive amounts of hate questions on why Tyler Clippard isn't the best prospect of all time.
    Well clearly Clippard wont be Mussina. I think the guy was comparing his "skill set" to a poor mans Mussina. Again hes a professional I dont think ridiculing was right and I also think in the prosess he insulted Clippard as a prospect. He made him sound like another Colter Bean.

This is my rifle....

I went to the archives and they are only for ESNPInsider subscribers, so I can't see the chats.

I know that ESPN has a Sox bias in the minds of Yankee fans, but Callis doesn't work for them. He works for Baseball America, one of the best and most objective baseball scouting publications out there. Just because he doesn't bleed pinstripes doesn't mean is analysis is wrong. And, besides, we are talking about his comparison of two kids (literally). There's plenty of ball to be played before any real judgement can be made on either of these two, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    I went to the archives and they are only for ESNPInsider subscribers, so I can't see the chats.

I know that ESPN has a Sox bias in the minds of Yankee fans, but Callis doesn't work for them. He works for Baseball America, one of the best and most objective baseball scouting publications out there. Just because he doesn't bleed pinstripes doesn't mean is analysis is wrong. And, besides, we are talking about his comparison of two kids (literally). There's plenty of ball to be played before any real judgement can be made on either of these two, IMO.
    I dont need experts to bleed pinstripes for me to agree with them. I agreed with them when they said the Yankees screwed up by passing on Hansen. I agree with you on the kids. They are both 17 years old. There is a ton of baseball ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows View Post
    Fuck you. You ruined it. I refuse to have sympathy for any animal ever again. I will now ingest three meals that consist of meat tommorow just to spite you.
    Meat tastes like Murder. And murder tastes good.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

I think ESPN is trying to get away from the late 90s sentiment. In the late 90s, ESPN was all over the yankees jock, and rightfully so. I think a lot of non-yankee fans got a bit upset and now there is a significant anti-yankee sentiment on ESPN, sans Olney, who himself isnt as much of a homer as Gammons is. Gammo really got me the other day when he was making a list of which rookies were likely to come up midseason and make an impact when he picked 4 guys and the top 2 were red sox, hansen and lester, and both are not likely to even come up to the bigs this yr in a big time role. And, in the same piece, he picked the most improved player of the AL as Wily Mo, when Alex Rios was a more deserving player. His homerism is hilarious as he will make predictions at the beginning of the yr completely shunning the sox, then he will point out how grea they are the entire season.
    1.0 back

Quote Originally Posted by ARod2212 View Post
    Meat tastes like Murder. And murder tastes good.