Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs Mets 5/21

Re: Yankees vs Mets 5/21

Quote Originally Posted by TheRivernator View Post
    not yet he isnt...
    Nor will he ever be.

What makes you think a 32 year old outfielder who is getting slower, losing range, and is suffering nagging injuries to his shoulder and foot will somewhat get better.

Face the facts. Damon posted a 25 FRAR rating his second year in Boston (career high) last year, it lurched to 14, this year it's slipped all they way to one. His .350 OBP is good, but is it superstar money? Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Kiecker View Post
    If they had signed him for 2yrs. at 14 per.. thats a marginal deal..

But at 4 years at 13 is just off the charts mismanagement. The reason the Yankees havent won while having a retarded payroll comes down to the fact of gross mismanagement.. whether thats Cashman or The Man behind the curtain..is up for debate.

The fact is, this franchise is a big bloated disaster.
    now that is a stupid comment if I ever heard one. A franchise that has been in the postseason for 11 consecutive yrs with 4 WS wins and 6WS appearances is a disaster? What planet are you on....
    1.0 back

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows View Post
    Nor will he ever be.

What makes you think a 32 year old outfielder who is getting slower, losing range, and is suffering nagging injuries to his shoulder and foot will somewhat get better.

Face the facts. Damon posted a 25 FRAR rating his second year in Boston (career high) last year, it lurched to 14, this year it's slipped all they way to one. His .350 OBP is good, but is it superstar money? Not even close.
    keep telling yourself that. You are just a jilted lover my friend.....

BTW, Small looks nasty thus far.....(knocks on wood, crosses fingers, prays to all different gods of all denominations).....
    1.0 back

now that is a stupid comment if I ever heard one. A franchise that has been in the postseason for 11 consecutive yrs with 4 WS wins and 6WS appearances is a disaster? What planet are you on....
    He meant currently.

He meant currently.
    that is a current streak you know...
    1.0 back

Keep telling yourself that stats mean nothing, and Damon will steal 50 bases and bat .310.
    2007 World Series Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;306386;
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

BTW, Small looks nasty thus far.....(knocks on wood, crosses fingers, prays to all different gods of all denominations).....
    Re-read my posts from last August. I've hated Johnny Damon ever since I closed that thing he calls a book.

I really don't mind that he signed with the Yankees. It's a business decision. That still doesn't change the fact, that he's an arrogant jackass.

Melky is a goddamn joke out there in RF....
    1.0 back

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith1229 View Post
    Keep telling yourself that stats mean nothing, and Damon will steal 50 bases and bat .310.
    Damon is on pace for 44 steals this yr....
    1.0 back

This is my rifle....

Funny, I thought you hated it when people responded with taunts after you provided some analysis.

Milk-Toast with another fine play in RF.

Re-read my posts from last August. I've hated Johnny Damon ever since I closed that thing he calls a book.
    :lol: Remember the paragraph where he spells Edmonds "Edmunds", and then later in that same paragraph calls him "Edwards"? :lol:
    2007 World Series Champs
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

Cano makes one hell of a play, atta baby!!!
    1.0 back

that is a current streak you know...
    ???

No, I meant disregard what happened last year. He is telling you, look at the aging lineup, and the aging pitching staff.

BTW, good play by Cano.

Damon is on pace for 44 steals this yr....
    Yeah, so that stat applies, but Crespo's mean nothing, right?
    2007 World Series Champs

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    Funny, I thought you hated it when people responded with taunts after you provided some analysis.

Milk-Toast with another fine play in RF.
    I do, but when you provide me with stats from one month to determine if a 4 yr contract was a bad one, I'll laugh at you. It isnt like he's hitting under .200 here, cmon now....
    1.0 back