Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: The Official "24" Thread

Re: The Official "24" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rhet;557283;
    Right, he didn't need it. The Sprint phone had the number in local memory.

Not to mention the fact that Sprint has a CDMA network in the US and doesn't use SIM cards.
    Well I guess I'm not up on the latest cell phones and their features.

Chalk it up to creative license.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;557288;
    Well I guess I'm not up on the latest cell phones and their features.

Chalk it up to creative license.
    I'll always remember that bloody SIM card.
    Somebody on that writing staff has a great imagination...

Quote Originally Posted by rhet;557289;
    I'll always remember that bloody SIM card.
    Somebody on that writing staff has a great imagination...

They sure do. It's probably much more fiscal than creative, though.

And while while on the topic, I remember many scenes in TV and movies that lacked technical credibility to the discerning eye. Case in point.

Rambo - First Blood.

Rambo snags a motorcycle while escaping. It's a Yamaha XT 250. A single cylinder 4 stroke. Yet, while motoring away at speed, it sound like a 4 cylinder four stroke. I've seen it many times. Sometimes you have to give the public what they expect and are familiar with. And what is cheap.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;557402;
    They sure do. It's probably much more fiscal than creative, though.

And while while on the topic, I remember many scenes in TV and movies that lacked technical credibility to the discerning eye. Case in point.

Rambo - First Blood.

Rambo snags a motorcycle while escaping. It's a Yamaha XT 250. A single cylinder 4 stroke. Yet, while motoring away at speed, it sound like a 4 cylinder four stroke. I've seen it many times. Sometimes you have to give the public what they expect and are familiar with. And what is cheap.
    I loved Rambo.
    But now that I know the truth about the bike, it'll never be the same...

Quote Originally Posted by rhet;557404;
    I loved Rambo.
    But now that I know the truth about the bike, it'll never be the same...
    Come to think of it, it sounded like s two stroke!:lol:

Dude, the medical shit in that show was completely off, but I dealt with it.

Last season, he contracted Creutzfeld-Jakob disease, otherwise known as mad-cow disease. Uncurable, but he survived untouched.

The medics being able to discern who should live and die immediately is a joke since trauma is all about stopping the bleeding, managing secondary injury, etc.

Also, Jack got "stitched up" after being stabbed in the abdomen, when he needed a laparotomy. Or getting shot in the upper chest but being fine cause it was a "through and through?" Well, he got shot right around the subclavian artery and vein, he would have bled out in minutes, but all he needed was a bandage.

There is a level of bunk to every show, I just hate when a medical show fucks up the medical aspects, that bugs me
    Hal sucks

All-Star

Never question the healing powers of Jack Bauer.