Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dustin Pedroia

I'm not sure where the game is being played tonight, but if it's in Sarasota it's delayed. Raining down here, again. :angry:
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

All-Star
    Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Aug 4 2004, 09:06 PM
    I'm not sure where the game is being played tonight, but if it's in Sarasota it's delayed. Raining down here, again. :angry:
    They're playing two today. Game 1 is already complete and Peddy went 1-5 with a RBI and K. It's currently 5-0 Sox in the 5th in Lakeland. I don't know the proximity of Lakeland to Sarasota, but it looks like they are still playing.

Lakeland is up near Tampa, I guess it's not raining there. Anyway, Pedoria went 2-4 and upped his BA to .308
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Pedoria went 1-4 with a single and a walk. Better news, David Murphy went 3-5 with a grandslam and a double.

I'll be going to the game on Thursday, it's in Sarasota against Lakeland. It's 1 dollar ticket night, plus dollar everything at the concession stands (even beer&#33 I'll give a detailed update like Zenny did.

Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Aug 6 2004, 09:51 AM
    I'll be going to the game on Thursday, it's in Sarasota against Lakeland. It's 1 dollar ticket night, plus dollar everything at the concession stands (even beer&#33 I'll give a detailed update like Zenny did.
    Don't get too drunk and miss his performance. First hand accounts are always the best!

It rained again in Sarasota/Tampa area, so the game was postponed AGAIN!

I hope that hurricane can stay away until 11 tommorow, I still want to go it'll probably get delayed again. Moss and Pedoria are there, great!

Pedoria went 3-4 with 2 2B to up his BA to .326, his rating is now a B according to soxprospects.com

Great article by Gammons over on ESPN, check out this tidbit

Tools scouts scoffed at Arizona State SS Dustin Pedroia, although he was a far better college player than Stephen Drew. Boston took him in the second round, and between Augusta and Sarasota, Pedroia hit .357 with 19 extra base hits, 19 walks, seven strikeouts and no errors in his first 42 professional games. Speaking of the Boston organization, one NL club's pro scouting coordinator said "the Red Sox have more good arms with young Latin pitchers than any other organization in the game." Led by 20-year old right-handed fireballer Anabel Sanchez, whose New York-Penn League line in 76 1/3 innings is a 1.77 ERA, 43 hits, 29 walks and 101 strikeouts. The Red Sox like pitchers who pound the strike zone -- Curt Schilling and Martinez are 1-2 in career strikeout/walk ratio -- and their top prospects at Lowell (Sanchez, Andrew Dobies, Thomas Hottovy, Kyle Bono, Scott Shoemaker, Robert Swindle) had a combined 302/57 K/BB ratio.

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar
    Good Gammo report.

Pretty good video segment on Pedroia here (link on the right) from the Arizona Fall League. I didn't realise he's the same size as Pedro..
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/daily.jsp

All-Star

Re: Dustin Pedoria

The Sox have come out and said that Dustin will be spending the year at 2B, not SS, in the Sox system. It's uncertain whether he'll be in Portland or Wilmington yet, but the way he's playing in ST and the position he'll be playing, it'll probably be Portland. His .336/.417/.523 and 13/4 BB/K in 30 games at Sarasota suggest that he's ready for the move to AA.

What does that leave Hanley at? I'd prefer it if our defense up the middle looked like this by '07

2B: Pedoria
    SS: Renteria
    CF: H.Ramirez

I guess we can trade Moss elsewhere, which would make sense.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    I guess we can trade Moss elsewhere, which would make sense.
    Moss is a RF, so none of this affects him anyway. Trot may be an injury liability by '07 anyway.

Pedoria opened the season going 1-3 with a walk and a single, also commited his first error of his career