Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Oh No! Pedro's lost his velocity!

By any chance, Did anyone seem to notice how little it mattered what his velocity was once he started hitting his spots? How many baserunners for the Orioles after the 2nd inning again?

Right now Pedro is 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA. 1.0 RofS. 1 Quality Start.

Considering how bad he was this spring, and the conditions of which the game was played, he did just fine.

he acaully was fine once he settled down, he aint the pedro from the past that we know but he still can b a dominate placement pitcher hitting his spots.... he seemed wild towards the begining but once he got confortable he hit spots
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

I agree, people are blowing the Pedro thing out of proportion. He pitches decently considering the circumstances. It wasnt his best, but it was far less bad than people are making it out to be.

All-Star
    Last night&#39;s game was ugly. This is my first post since then, so I figured I&#39;d just write what I thought:
    It was a series of mishaps. Not necessarily problems with pitching. Actually, quite the contrary. Ponson was lights-out, and apart from the second inning (which wasn&#39;t even that bad), Pedro was lights out. There were several misplayed balls (not errors) and a few errors.
    Timlin&#39;s outing was unfortunate. Not much to say there.
    But the hitting? It was great, just a matter of bad timing. Bellhorn and Kapler tore it up, Mueller and Manny were back to last season&#39;s form. Ortiz hit that one ball farther than I had ever seen (did it even land?) and if it wasn&#39;t windy, that was a massive jack.
    Fielding was great (some of it), two words: Pokey Reese. Actually some more words: that play at third with Mora? I somehow don&#39;t see Todd Walker pulling it off.
    Damon needs a haircut and a shave. Badly.

Overall, I&#39;m happy with the game. I&#39;d like to see the Orioles try that again in the next few days, with their BRILLIANT rotation. (sarcasm). One game is nothing. Pedro&#39;s fine. Nothing to worry about. Happy Passover.

Halliday got shelled too but you dont see people bitching/saying something is wrong with him do you? No, because nothing is wrong, and nothing is wrong with Pedro either. And let us not forget Mussina with his 5 ER in 5 innings, AGAINST THE DRAYS&#33;

point finished.

Rookie
    Originally posted by yeszir@Apr 5 2004, 04:11 PM
    Halliday got shelled too but you dont see people bitching/saying something is wrong with him do you? No, because nothing is wrong, and nothing is wrong with Pedro either. And let us not forget Mussina with his 5 ER in 5 innings, AGAINST THE DRAYS&#33;

point finished.
    This is true. It certainly has not been the week of the ace. Not by a long shot.
    Ortizzle my nizzle

Don&#39;t forget about Wood.

Originally posted by FourZeroSix@Apr 5 2004, 08:29 PM
    Don&#39;t forget about Wood.
    And Kerry Wood

I like this linking thing.

Pedro was fine. It was bad weather, and it took him a while to get warm. I have no problem with that. Timlin, however, kind of sucked the big one. And the offense couldn&#39;t get going. I&#39;m not a doomsday Sox fan, and I still think the Sox can and will go far, if not win it all, but yesterday just sucked.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

I agree, people are blowing the Pedro thing out of proportion. He pitches decently considering the circumstances. It wasnt his best, but it was far less bad than people are making it out to be.
    I tend to think you&#39;re right yeszir, but when have you seen Pedro miss that bad with his breaking stuff? What did he throw - 3, 4 curveballs - and the only thing they hit was the backstop. I know it was probably weather-related and I&#39;m not trying to blow this out of proportion but maybe there&#39;s something to this whole arm slot thing and protecting his shoulder...

Originally posted by PayoffPitch@Apr 6 2004, 09:03 AM
    I tend to think you&#39;re right yeszir, but when have you seen Pedro miss that bad with his breaking stuff? What did he throw - 3, 4 curveballs - and the only thing they hit was the backstop. I know it was probably weather-related and I&#39;m not trying to blow this out of proportion but maybe there&#39;s something to this whole arm slot thing and protecting his shoulder...
    I am a little worried about it, to say I wasnt would be a lie. We&#39;re just going to have to wait a week and see if his curveballs actually curve into the catcher&#39;s mitt. It was definitely painful to watch those littke nubblers.

Welcome to the site by the way. B)

Triple A
    Originally posted by yeszir@Apr 5 2004, 04:11 PM

point finished.
    I agree completely...

About his breaking ball - did you see Ponson&#39;s? His wasn&#39;t too great either. It wasn&#39;t Pedro breaking down, he just didn&#39;t warm up to it.