Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Elections

Re: 2006 Elections

I'm not too thrilled to see Nancy Pelosi as the House Majority Leader.

LOL. Second in line after the VP... :lol:

The last time the Senate and House were split was like in the...1700s or something; in all likelihood the Dems will control both, but I don't think this is an unsurmountable loss for the Republicans. Vietnam killed the Democratic party (in my Government & Politics class we talked about how today they're still a party that's splintered), but the Republicans survived Watergate. As much as I loathe to agree with him, Bush said something along the lines that the only thing the Democrats have in common in regards to the war in Iraq, is that they don't like it.
    "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." - Satchel Paige

A Click a Day

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;204600;
    Damn that Virginia one turned around fast. Bad news is (for me) my English class is doing presentations and predictions on the races and I picked Allen, so no extra credit for me. A bit of a surprise even with the controversy, as Virginia is a rather conservative state.
    I live in Virginia and its not as conservative as you might think. There is a large minority population in all the major cities. Basically all the major cities (Richmond, Newport News, Norfolk) and northern Virginia is libral and the rest is conservative. If you map out the state it looks very red but only because most of the state is rural and conservative.

In the previous election a Dem won the governorship.
    2004 World Series Champions

All-Star

I also live in Virginia and Mark Warner and Tim Kaine are both Dems and the past two governors. The state is changing because of tremendous growth in Newport News, Richmond suburbs, and most of all, Northern Virginia. That is where the Dems win elections.
    Remember the Faith. Zc

the gop got its ass handed to it from massachusetts all the way to california
    traditional gop strongholds in indiana kansas and missouri fell to the democrats
    long serving congressmen got axed
    a liberal anti war senator from rhode island who by all accounts was very very popular got taken down because he was a republican.

this is an indictment on george bush,the false christians who have been exposed like ted haggard and the vast corruption of jack abramoff and the republicans he bought and paid for.

the message was very very clear
    if you wanted to stay the course with the president you find yourself at the unemployment office today

pelosi best pay attention too
    the dems victories in the rural areas were due to conservative democrats running
    the health shulers and senate elect webb types were the reason for all these gains.
    if she doesnt move from the left to the center her reign will be short lived

this nation needs to move back to the center
    i dont care if theyre GOP or Dems.....they need to get a grip on the whackos from the right wing and they also need to stifle the bolsheviks on the left for this nation to succeed and prosper

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;204736;
    the gop got its ass handed to it from massachusetts all the way to california
    traditional gop strongholds in indiana kansas and missouri fell to the democrats
    long serving congressmen got axed
    a liberal anti war senator from rhode island who by all accounts was very very popular got taken down because he was a republican.

this is an indictment on george bush,the false christians who have been exposed like ted haggard and the vast corruption of jack abramoff and the republicans he bought and paid for.

the message was very very clear
    if you wanted to stay the course with the president you find yourself at the unemployment office today

pelosi best pay attention too
    the dems victories in the rural areas were due to conservative democrats running
    the health shulers and senate elect webb types were the reason for all these gains.
    if she doesnt move from the left to the center her reign will be short lived

this nation needs to move back to the center
    i dont care if theyre GOP or Dems.....they need to get a grip on the whackos from the right wing and they also need to stifle the bolsheviks on the left for this nation to succeed and prosper
    I agree totally, but Iraq must have a successful outcome. The cauldron of hatred that has been allowed to flourish in the Middle East for decades must be crushed.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

the cauldron of hatred in the middle east is 8000 years old
    america is 230 years old
    assyrians,macedonians,hittites and the samarians have been made extict
    fuckem
    fuck the arabs and fuck the jews and fuck the sunnis kurds and shiites too.

if they want to love one another that would be wonderful
    they dont
    8000 years of this shit and never,not once have they lived in harmony

i dont think the american nation will be willing to accept the price in blood that will we will need to pay to keep iraq from breaking out into an all out civil war and im not sure thats a bad thing
    the shia will be backed and armed by the ayatollahs
    the sunni will be backed and armed by the wahabi's
    the kurds will be backed and funded by the oil companys who own mosul

instead of american kids getting blown away for iraqi freedom maybe its time the iraqi people take it upon themselves to end this shit

but we both know that wont happen
    the only question i see fit to ask is how many more body bags are going to arrive at andrews in the name of operation shock and awe which should be named awe shucks

tragic but very very predicatable 700

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;204750;
    the cauldron of hatred in the middle east is 8000 years old
    america is 230 years old
    assyrians,macedonians,hittites and the samarians have been made extict
    fuckem
    fuck the arabs and fuck the jews and fuck the sunnis kurds and shiites too.

if they want to love one another that would be wonderful
    they dont
    8000 years of this shit and never,not once have they lived in harmony

i dont think the american nation will be willing to accept the price in blood that will we will need to pay to keep iraq from breaking out into an all out civil war and im not sure thats a bad thing
    the shia will be backed and armed by the ayatollahs
    the sunni will be backed and armed by the wahabi's
    the kurds will be backed and funded by the oil companys who own mosul

instead of american kids getting blown away for iraqi freedom maybe its time the iraqi people take it upon themselves to end this shit

but we both know that wont happen
    the only question i see fit to ask is how many more body bags are going to arrive at andrews in the name of operation shock and awe which should be named awe shucks

tragic but very very predicatable 700
    We can't be isolationists in a world where terror can be so easily exported. Unlike the prior 8000 years, the technology and means exists for the terror to reach our shores. In fact, I have several neighbors that would testify that it already has reached our shores if they hadn't been killed by terrorists. Isolationism was the wrong approach in WWII at a time when the two vast bordering oceans provided far more protection for our citizens. Today, the oceans are a mere puddle for jet planes, missiles etc. Isolationism will result in far more dead bodies in the long run. You don't just walk away from an ideological war with a fanatical enemy. In the end it is not Iraqi freedom for which we are fighting. It is a fight for a more secure world-- a world where you can continue to travel on a train, go shopping, and eat in a restaurant without having to worry whether it will blow up. It's a fight for our freedoms.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

No won on 1!

good points 700
    but the war in afghanistan wouldve sufficed i believe

they came in droves to fight the russians 25 years ago and they came to battle us in 01
    the wahabi sects of pakistan and saudi arabia are our true enemies and their dogma is still being taught in the madrasses of karachi and riyahd
    as it stands today the taliban are indeed regrouping.

2 countries in the entire world recognized mullah omar and the taliban as legit prior to 9-11
    saudi and pakistan
    15 9-11 hijackers were from saudi as was binladen
    the bombers of the london subways were pakistani

pakistan has a nuke already
    why in gods name are they allowed to exist??

i fear them a lot more than the desert people of iraq who we neutered 15 years ago and have kept under a microscope ever since.

musharraf and the generals seem to have the muscle today
    however if the wrong people get the bomb in their hands?
    look out india and any other sovereign non islamic nations that surround karachi