Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freddie Lynn

I'm a yankee fan but i still think lynn should be in the hall of fame. Anyone here think so?
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE
    AFTER A WHILE YOUR YOUR CHEAP TALK DON'T EVERN CAUSE ME PAIN
    SO LET YOUR BULLETS FLY LIKE RAIN
    http://www.nbc11.com/entertainment/9811309/detail.html

yeah, I think he should be put in the hall this year, So should Pete Rose
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Pete Rose should be in but i dont think he ever will be.
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE

Super Moderator
    pete rose deserves it. i think he should be in the hall of fame, i dont think he should be able to coach or manage again. betting was bad, but off the field occurances is not part of the hall of fame. its devoted to a players on-field performance first and foremost, regardless of what bad things they may have done.

Originally posted by nomah555@Aug 12 2004, 05:56 PM
    pete rose deserves it. i think he should be in the hall of fame, i dont think he should be able to coach or manage again. betting was bad, but off the field occurances is not part of the hall of fame. its devoted to a players on-field performance first and foremost, regardless of what bad things they may have done.
    They should let him in the hall, then put in asterik under his award. "Still banned from baseball for involvement in gambling"
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

agreed.
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE

All-Star
    Fred Lynn's a bastard, just like Carlton Fisk, Mo Vaughn, Roger Clemens, Wade Boggs and Nomar. I hate 'em all. Bastards.

No, I'm not an angry person.

Originally posted by Zenny@Aug 12 2004, 06:38 PM
    Fred Lynn's a bastard, just like Carlton Fisk, Mo Vaughn, Roger Clemens, Wade Boggs and Nomar. I hate 'em all. Bastards.

No, I'm not an angry person.
    none of them are, it's just that boston management turns them into it.

All-Star
    Right, Roger Clemens getting overweight and not training to keep up his performance to help the team is Boston management's fault. Nomar turning down 4/$60 is Theo's fault. Boggs hitting .259 in '92 in management's fault. Lynn and Hurst and Fisk and Vaughn all wanting more than they were worth is management's fault. Please, the Yawkey Family was as fucked-up as they come, but let's not turn these bastards into something they are not. Because what they are are pure, unadulterated bastards.

oh just a month ago nomars was the greatest now hes a bastard.
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE

nomar was mad that you almost traded him for A rod. Hes entitled to not want to stay, i would do the same thing.
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE

All-Star
    Originally posted by empirestrikesback26@Aug 12 2004, 07:46 PM
    oh just a month ago nomars was the greatest now hes a bastard.
    No, you are putting words into my mouth. Nomar has been a bastard ever since I heard about that 4/$60 decline. I've thought Nomar was a bastard for a long time now. Everyone said Manny was the reason for the potential A-Rod trade and Nomar was just the poor, little pathetic third wheel that was being had. Fuck that, Nomar was the reason; they just didn't go public with it until the trade fell apart.

All-Star
    Originally posted by empirestrikesback26@Aug 12 2004, 07:47 PM
    nomar was mad that you almost traded him for A rod. Hes entitled to not want to stay, i would do the same thing.
    *See above post*

it doesnt matter, he was almost on the way out and he didnt want to stay on a team that didnt want him, in a city that apparently didnt want him.
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE

Originally posted by Zenny@Aug 12 2004, 06:45 PM
    Right, Roger Clemens getting overweight and not training to keep up his performance to help the team is Boston management's fault. Nomar turning down 4/$60 is Theo's fault. Boggs hitting .259 in '92 in management's fault. Lynn and Hurst and Fisk and Vaughn all wanting more than they were worth is management's fault. Please, the Yawkey Family was as fucked-up as they come, but let's not turn these bastards into something they are not. Because what they are are pure, unadulterated bastards.
    They were let go, then their names were butchered by Boston managment. Why did Clemens have so much venom when we released him? Vaughn was a domestic abuser? According to the Boston media, Nomar might of helped out with 9/11 attacks? Just let it go, and no it's not Theo's fault (Dan Duqutte)