Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen The Departed?

Major Leaguer

Anyone seen The Departed?

Mob Movie, with Jack, Directed by Martin Scorsese. It should be amazing, anyone like it, or hate it?
    DeadHead

How you doin'? -Jerry Remy

Deity

Re: Anyone seen The Departed?

I really liked it...ending coulda been better though.

I thought it was really good, and with such an un-hollywood like ending too

saw it and it was very good. Great cast, Nicholson is excellent, Walhberg is very good, some of the accents are not exactly authentic, but it doesn't detract from the movie.

I just got it on DVD the other day. I saw it in the theatres and I love it. Great Boston movie.
    2004 World Series Champions

All-Star

I thought it was a great movie but I didn't care for the way that the movie ended. Other than that though it was a solid movie.
    1903,1912,1915,1916,2004,2007 World Series Champions

Super Moderator

Never saw it, I wanna see it soon though.

I loved it.
    Gabe Kapler is full of heart and determination:
    http://nomaas.org/images/kaplerftl.gif
    :lol:

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

I rented it for this weekend. From everything I've heard about it (haven't read anything on it) people either loved it or were bored with it's predictability. I'll post about it later this weekend. I hope it's great.

If it were not for the ending, it would have been a good but relatively boring movie. With the ending I wound up not liking it. Yes, it was a unique ending, but if I'm going to invest 2:25 minutes into a movie, I don't want the rug pulled out from under me at the 2:18 minute mark.

With that ending it could have been a good 45 minutes shorter. Maybe I just hate surprise endings because they kill the rewatchability of the movie.

It was a much better movie than Poseidon though. I also just saw that and knew going in it was probably going to suck. But it sucked much worse than I thought it could.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRooter;225635;
    If it were not for the ending, it would have been a good but relatively boring movie. With the ending I wound up not liking it. Yes, it was a unique ending, but if I'm going to invest 2:25 minutes into a movie, I don't want the rug pulled out from under me at the 2:18 minute mark.

With that ending it could have been a good 45 minutes shorter. Maybe I just hate surprise endings because they kill the rewatchability of the movie.

It was a much better movie than Poseidon though. I also just saw that and knew going in it was probably going to suck. But it sucked much worse than I thought it could.
    I pretty much thought the same. I kept wondering where it was going. By that I mean there was no suspense ( you knew who the plants were ), there was no plot, direction, or meaning. There was a rather weak link to Whitey Bulgar and the Winter Hill gang but that was about it.

It was a damn good movie. I had to explain the ending to everyone i watched it with but it was a good movie.

It was OK at best. Anyone who compared it in any way to Goodfellas should also have been shot.

**spoiler warning**

See, I don't see how the end can ruin the movie for people though. While the character that kill's Dicaprio kind of comes out of nowhere, they hint at the fact that he's a mole the entire movie. Its the same guy that showed up in several scenes with Damon. Also, given the fact that there was another undercover cop in the mob, it would be reasonable to expect another undercover bad guy with the police.

The movie ended quickly but I thought it was a good ending. When I saw it in the theater everyone in there gasped when Leo was shot that abruptly. It caught everyone completely off guard, which is something movies rarely do. Everyone thought that once they were in the elevador that it was safe, including Leo's character who let his guard down instead of being more careful.
    2004 World Series Champions

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by SuperManny;226197;
    **spoiler warning**

See, I don't see how the end can ruin the movie for people though. While the character that kill's Dicaprio kind of comes out of nowhere, they hint at the fact that he's a mole the entire movie. Its the same guy that showed up in several scenes with Damon. Also, given the fact that there was another undercover cop in the mob, it would be reasonable to expect another undercover bad guy with the police.

The movie ended quickly but I thought it was a good ending. When I saw it in the theater everyone in there gasped when Leo was shot that abruptly. It caught everyone completely off guard, which is something movies rarely do. Everyone thought that once they were in the elevador that it was safe, including Leo's character who let his guard down instead of being more careful.
    ***Spoilers Continued***

I agree, at the moment i saw his shooting i felt a mixture of feelings. I was mostly pissed and kinda sad. I was comletely shocked. After thinking about it more i thought it was a great ending. Realistic and gritty.
    DeadHead

How you doin'? -Jerry Remy