Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 6th @ Baltimore

the game's at 3:00 PM on NESN

All-Star
    A must-win situation for Schilling? I think not. A must-not-blowit situation for Foulke? You better believe it. He blows this one, Theo's going to have to seriously reconsider the decision he made this offseason. Timlin in the 8th, Williamson in the 9th anyone? You're damn right.

Prediction: Schilling goes 8, 5 H, 2 ER, 10 K's, 1 BB. Foulke comes in, 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 K, 1 BB.

If McCarty is brought in to hit anytime this game, HR.

Today marks the debut of the two oldest and newest Red Sox in Curt Schilling and Ellis Burks. Mark it down as the dawn of Boston's new ace. Schilling will show the spoiled brat Pedro how it's done. By the time they get to Fenway, the cheers will ring loudest for Curt, while Pedro will get his comeuppance. His tired prima donna act just won't fly anymore, and if he keeps it up, he just might whine himself out of baseball. Would YOU risk $10-15 million a year for this ?

But back to Schilling; he is ready to go, and Boston will hit for him. How can you not love this guy ? In one start, he will remind fans what a dominant stopper looks like. By his second start,(in Boston), they will be on their feet. I took in the Eck's debut in Boston as a young sailor back in '78. Even with less than half full attendance, you could feel the electricity in the air. With a full house, Schilling will thrive on, and feed off of the crowd's energy. This is a match made in heaven, and it couldn't come at a better time. Hum baby !

Gametime in T - 15 minutes. I can't wait to see Schilling's first start. He's always been a favorite of mine, but now I can really root for him.

Also:

the spoiled brat Pedro
    Give Pedro a break, he pitched very well but for one rough inning (where a bad throw hurt worse than his pitching) and most athletes want money like he does. Enough is enough, he'll be a great pitcher for us this year, don't worry.

I turned it on just as Schilling was winding up for his first pitch. Good timing, huh?

Triple A
    6 IP, 1 ER, 7 K - that's a strong outing if you ask me.

Embree pitched a 1-2-3 7th, now Timmy's having a little trouble in the 8th. Hopefully he'll cool down.

4-1 mother Foulker

great pitching by everyone and timely hitting. No more second guesses about Foulke.

1-1

Foulke and Schilling impressed me a lot. I think we have a great year ahead of us.

Jim Rice just made a good, but hard to understand point (he isnt the best at speaking). Actually, its a pretty general point that most people have noticed by now, but I'll reiterate. We have 5 very good starters, and they all give us the oppurtunity to sweep series and win long streaks. Whereas a team like Baltimore has Ponson and then utter crap, but they can still score runs. I'm not sure what I thought was so great about the point in hindsight, but it makes you feel confident doesnt it?

Triple A
    Yeah, I agree. We really have no weaknesses. Our offense is just as potent (and Kaplar + McCarty will have improved, Ortiz will have a better overall year), our defense was upgraded, our starting rotation is Ill (capitol I), and our relief is greatly improved. Only thing I'd like to see is Francona running Kaplar/Damon and even maybe Nomar.

Good game, makes me happy. :-D

All-Star
    Very good game. Congrats to Tito. How about the Millah Damon collision. Oy.

Triple A
    Didn't see it, but heard it on the radio...scared me a bit, reminding me of the Damon-Jackson collision in the playoffs.

Originally posted by Sinix@Apr 6 2004, 06:56 PM
    Didn't see it, but heard it on the radio...scared me a bit, reminding me of the Damon-Jackson collision in the playoffs.
    I think thats what was going through everyones head when they saw/heard it. "NOT AGAIN!"

One thing about the post game show that really impressed me was when they were talking to Foukle. They basically said that we're giving you the game because of your "save" in the 9th. Foukle then replied something like no its not my game it is Titos. Later Francona then passed the game on to Schilling. It was kinda nice to hear that all these guys had great games but weren't willing to take all the credit. Between these guys they sound more like a family than a team. I think I said this in another post, but I'll say it again, this team has a very focused view on what needs to happen this year. All the players are pointing in one direction and that direction is World Seris win or bust.
    One quick story; My wife came home right after the game (the post-game show was on) she gringed, closed her eyes and asked; "who won?". I responded "Sox won!" My wife the said "Thank God, I couldn't handle another night like Sunday!"
    Its gonna be one of those seasons!!

Excelsor

Schilling's performance and Foulke's 1-2-3 inning to get the save should start moving the team towards the goal. I expect DLowe to dominate like he has all Spring.

All-Star
    I was very happy to see Millar on the ground and not Damon. No offense to Millar, but I believe there's a limit to how many hits to the head you can take. And considering how hard Johnny got hit before, I don't think he can afford too many more.