Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: April 10th Yankees @ Twins

Re: April 10th Yankees @ Twins

and to think, we are missing a perennial .290 25HR 110RBI man too. Man, this offense is dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;237270;
    Fk'n Damon......:angry:

Bonser blows!
    he actually doesnt. He pitched well in the playoffs last yr and is a damn good pitcher. He isnt making many mistakes, our lineup is just locked in right now and hitting every pitch he misses with.

E-6, the inning continues...

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;237271;
    and to think, we are missing a perennial .290 25HR 110RBI man too. Man, this offense is dirty.
    And will get you further than your starting rotation.

But Petitte is money tonight.

Bonser sucks.

Jeter swipes second. I keep forgetting how versatile Jeter is.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;237272;
    he actually doesnt. He pitched well in the playoffs last yr and is a damn good pitcher. He isnt making many mistakes, our lineup is just locked in right now and hitting every pitch he misses with.

E-6, the inning continues...
    Well, let's just say he's having a bad night. Down 6-0? In the 5th??

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;237274;
    Jeter swipes second. I keep forgetting how versatile Jeter is.
    You forgot? Are you retarded? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;237273;
    And will get you further than your starting rotation.

But Petitte is money tonight.

Bonser sucks.
    The cold was fucking with the touch pitches. Finesse pitchers have trouble locating breaking pitches in the cold. It was obvious as every pitcher in our staff couldnt locate their curves. Both Pettitte and Pavano (who didnt pitch in the cold mind you) have located their curves very well. If they locate their stuff, they will be tough to beat. Tonight, Pettitte is dealing.

ARod INT walk? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;237275;
    Well, let's just say he's having a bad night. Down 6-0? In the 5th??
    2 big flies accounted for 5 of those 6. And the HR by ARod was on a pitchers pitch. He is just fucking raking right now.

Giambi goes the other way???

Yankees lead 7-0.

I don't like Giambi that much. But b/c of Papi, I love when someone beats the FUCKING SHIFT!!!!!!!

7-0??? This sucks, time to watch the Sox home opener!

Pettitte dealing. 1 down.

2 down.

MAN, I have missed this. Pettitte, just like Wells, just like Clemens, knows exactly how to pitch with a lead. He K'd 3 early, and now is just pitching right to contact. Exactly what I want to see.

This is my rifle....

Jacko cracks me up. Couldn't pitch because it was cold, eh? Not the recipe for success when the playoffs are in October. Oh wait, now I get to learn how it won't matter then.

*Note: I don't think it matters now, but watching Jacko spin away is pure hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;237285;
    Jacko cracks me up. Couldn't pitch because it was cold, eh? Not the recipe for success when the playoffs are in October. Oh wait, now I get to learn how it won't matter then.

*Note: I don't think it matters now, but watching Jacko spin away is pure hilarity.
    ORS, were you ever a pitcher? A fastball requires you to throw a baseball straight. Breaking stuff is all about timing your snap and feel. In the freezing cold, you dont have feel for the ball.

On your other point, Derek Jeter said that stretch was the coldest he has EVER been on a baseball field. In October, it may drop into the 40s overnight. In the night game when it snowed, the temp was in the high 20s with a wind chill near zero.

This is my rifle....

Yeah, I pitched and if you are snapping anything, you are doing it wrong. Breaking pitches are about grip and finger pressure. Hardly something a chill interferes with. If you want to justify their bad starts, just say, "Hey, they sucked this week, but it's a long season", kind of like we did with Schilling. But no, it couldn't be that the Yankee staff had a rough week, it's all the weather's fault. Sad.

Pettitte getting tired. He missed a couple weeks of ST, so it is expected. But the heat is starting to drift into the 85-88 range. Get someone warming.