Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How good is Cla Meredith?

How good is Cla Meredith?

Red Sox MR prospect sent over the in Doug Mirabelli trade. In SD he has suddenly turned into a dominant relief pitcher, and it isnt just this year either. He pitched 50.2 innings, 30 hits, 6 BBs, 37 Ks in relief in SD, thats a 1.07 ERA. And this year? 14 innings pitched, 8 hits, 0 ER, 3BBs, 8 Ks, and thats obviously a 0.00 ERA. Now were are talking about a guy who the year before allowed more runs (7 ER in all) in 2.1 innings in Boston then he did the next year in a whole 50 innings. Then in 2006 he went to AAA, and really wasnt very good, 5.27 ERA in 13 innings before going to AA where he was quite good. Then traded to SD where hes dominated ever since. His xFIP indicates hes playing a above his level right now and last (2.71 xFIP last year and 2.73 this year). He has good ground ball rates which helps in SD and pitching in the National League which will help also. But his results in SD are really amazing for something that basically happened overnight. So what happened how is this guy so good after showing very little for Boston (because its not like a 1.00 ERA translates into a 3 or 4 ERA in the AL)?
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Fenway Resident

Re: How good is Cla Meredith?

The Sox rushed him up too fast, Tito has admitted it, Theo has admitted it. After his bad debut he was sent down to Double A/Triple A where he struggled. He started off the 2006 year in Pawtucket and found new life as he was one of the best relievers in the farm at the time he was traded. At first the trade for Mirabelli was just Josh Bard. The Yankees were creeping up so the Sox winced and sent Meredith with Bard.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Legend

and to this day, Theo's pooper still hurts from the pounding Kevin Towers gave him in that trade

Post Re: How good is Cla Meredith?

he has been sucking as of late .. last 15IP 29H 13ER

Fenway Resident

Arroyo is also being figured out by the NL his 2nd year around

2006 (14-11, 3.29 ERA) oppsoing .243 avg
    3 CGs, 1 SO, 240.2 innings, 222 Hits, 98 Runs (88 ER), 31 HRs, 64 Walks, 184 Ks

2007 (2-7, 5.01 ERA) opposing .282 avg
    1 CG, 79 innings, 87 Hits, 50 Runs (44 ER), 6 HRs, 29 Walks, 52 Ks
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

arroyo looked good last nite
    he is what he is
    a 200ip with a legit era of 4.5 in the al and 3.5-4 in the nl

cla meredith??
    no worries there,he isnt that good
    sure,theo took it in the ass but im under the impression he enjoys getting fucked to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;263937;
    he is what he is

cla meredith??
    sure,theo took it in the ass but im under the impression he enjoys getting fucked to tears
    Meredith will likely settle in as a Chad Bradford type. He has a very deceptive motion.

he is what he is

cla meredith??
    Are you really this stupid, or are you just pretending to be?

Arroyo allowed TWELVE baserunners in 6 innings. If he does that again, he'll get skull fucked. He was very lucky last night.

no im stupid
    youre a genious

do you jerk off to action shots of theo epstein playing the guitar dressed in his grunge flannel shirt??

i bet you know all the words to tessie dont you.

he is what he is

cla meredith??
    Arroyo's WHIP this year is 1.51. At this point he is either being hit all over the ballpark, or he is getting rather lucky. That trend may not continue, but, as of now, he is not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;264354;
    no im stupid
    youre a genious

do you jerk off to action shots of theo epstein playing the guitar dressed in his grunge flannel shirt??

I don't get why you always have to go to stuff like this...defend your point rather than making obscene remarks about someone you've never met before.

Arroyo looked awful the other night...just slightly less awful than he's looked in previous starts. But that's still far from "good".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;264354;
    no im stupid
    youre a genious
    It's showing, quickly.

gritch and belanger were fukin clutch they hit like 1.244 in the ninth ining with 15 rbi per ab. they looked at the pitcher and said fuk u we have speed and determination the reason i came up with this conclusion is i completely disregarded an entire seasons worth of statisics (numbers are 4 homos) n went with my gut, or one game i saw af fenway during the 1975 season in wich my fatass couldnt sit in the seat. thats heart, detrimination, and grit

(By the way, I'm not being mean. Mr. Crunchy loves to tell us these facts again and again.)

Brilliant comeback.

It took you a day and a half to crack out this gem, and this is the best you could come up with?

Weak. Care to comment about Arroyo's 2.00 WHIP? Somehow, I doubt you have the ability.

Besides,

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    Don't get me wrong, the Red Sox front office has been terrible the last two offseasons, but I think we should be as fair as possible to them.
    Sigh....

Remember you said, "Numbers lie?"

You continue to do so, again and again.

I love that song. What made it so obvious?

Fucking idiot. You have nothing. Your retorts are as sad as your arguments.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers;262145 View Post
    Arroyo is also being figured out by the NL his 2nd year around

2006 (14-11, 3.29 ERA) oppsoing .243 avg
    3 CGs, 1 SO, 240.2 innings, 222 Hits, 98 Runs (88 ER), 31 HRs, 64 Walks, 184 Ks

2007 (2-7, 5.01 ERA) opposing .282 avg
    1 CG, 79 innings, 87 Hits, 50 Runs (44 ER), 6 HRs, 29 Walks, 52 Ks
    Figured out? He pitched for the Pirates before you guys picked him up.

He's been hurt by the long ball. He's given up 8 HR so far this year and his WHIP is atrocious. Then again, he does play for a last-place team, so it's a bit too much to expect him to put up his 2006 numbers.
    Gil Hodges for the HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Harrison;264857;
    Figured out? He pitched for the Pirates before you guys picked him up.

He's been hurt by the long ball. He's given up 8 HR so far this year and his WHIP is atrocious. Then again, he does play for a last-place team, so it's a bit too much to expect him to put up his 2006 numbers.
    so pitching for a last place team affects your ability to pitch ? thats BS ..and BTW yes he did pitch in the NL before ..3 fucking years prior being with the sox , do you think the players kepts studying on him when he move to the AL ? NO , thats why when he came back he did good for a while, if you look at last year stats he was fading pretty fast at the end of the year

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;264860 View Post
    so pitching for a last place team affects your ability to pitch ?
    The 2007 Reds team is worse than the 2006 Red team. Arroyo, while never considered an ace, put up the best numbers of his career last year. This year, the Reds' offense outside of Griffey hasn't clicked, and he hasn't received any run support. The scores of the games he lost:

4-1, 3-2, 7-0 (defense failed him and he fell apart), 8-6 (2 runs in 7 innings), 5-2 (7 IP, 1 run), 2-0 (outpitched by Brad Penny), 3-2 (complete-game loss), 9-5 (shelled in 4 IP), 10-2 (shelled again), 6-4. He got killed in three of his seven losses and got no run support in the others.
    Gil Hodges for the HOF