Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Bard

Daniel Bard

any word on what his deal is? His line is amazingly bad.

5G 0-2 10.13ERA 13.1IP 21H 23R 15ER 22BB 9K

And consider that the sox took him before Joba Chamberlain who by all accounts is a MUCh better prospect and just had a solid start to his Tampa career after missing time with a hammy.

Deity

Re: Daniel Bard

I think the funniest part is that Jacko posted in the other thread.

Fenway Resident

like "Coco" said theres another thread for Daniel Bard, dont have to keep making threads. No shit? Players taken later in the draft can sometimes turn out better than 1st round pics? Gee thats never happened before

Anyways I heard on espn radio from baseball america columnist that bard was pitching while being hurt. He has since been put on the DL, the Sox are looking into bringing him up as a reliever instead
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

This is my rifle....

I think Bard is a project prospect. They are probably starting at square one and building a pitcher off the free-and-easy heat foundation.

What I find interesting, Jacko, is why you care? Isn't one of your tenets about prospects that when they first hit pro ball the results should be ignored as they learn what the system is teaching them?

Hence why I wanted to know if there was something they are tinkering with. Undercover info ORS, that is what I want. Anyone have it?

Banned

I know they are spending a lot of time making him throw secondary pitches. He's 21 with a 100mph arm, and they want to nurture that as best as they can cause anytime you have that its special.

With Bard, its a work on his overall game thing and builed around the tremendous raw talent he has. I don't expect anything from him till he's like 25ish. I still think maybe he comes up as a starter and becomes a reliever. I love his ceiling as a reliever.
    I am the biggest spaz of all time

.. Heard they're having him develop his change .

Not really worried .

Quote Originally Posted by NateGrey;249614;
    .. Heard they're having him develop his change .

Not really worried .
    Craig Hansen II.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;249615;
    Craig Hansen II.
    Yeah, except that Hansen was nearly unhittable during his first stints with the Sox farm system, whereas Bard has been unable to find the strike zone.

Banned

Wow, already down on a guy who just started his minor league career.
    I am the biggest spaz of all time

Odd outing for Bard tonight for Single-A Greenville

5.0 IP, 0 hits, 0 ER, 6 walks, 4 Ks
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Super Moderator

Eh, needs to cut down on the walks...

What's killing him? Is he just having trouble with his command or is it that he's just pitching badly?

idk but I guess by the boxscore it looks like his stuff is decent if hes not getting hit but his control isnt very good.

btw, Greenville ended up throwing a 6 inning nohitter and the game was stopped due to rain
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

He's improving. Albeit slowly.