Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Soxprospects fight or whatever the hell it is...

Double A

Re: Sox 2007 Draft

Nah. I think I'm gonna hang around a bit and check out the site.

Sorry to disappoint you.

UC-

Respecting the Red Sox players shouldn't mean you can't criticize them. By the way this is too a ground rule that is routinely broken by moderators. If you criticize a prospect that people like (Corsaletti, Natale) then moderators start to tool you. Its as simple as that.

It has the potential to be a really good site but when the ground-rules are selectively enforced, then it sucks. I personally don't like being around tools in real life, never mind on the internet.

Double A

You are so far off base on this.

But considering you admittedly don't read the board anymore, you don't have much credibility on the issue anyway.

I think I'm exactly on-base. Guys like Temple-U-Sox are allowed to be tools and make a mockery of the ground rules. Say something negative about a prospect they like, they start to call you names and act hostile, much like you are doing now. Then a bunch of dudes, say "way to go Temple". You complain to Mike, nothing is done and he supports his moderator

UC, considering the way you are acting when challenged I'd say you are no different. Your response to being challenged on anything is to act hostile. I find it completely immature and a reason I don't like the discussion on that disgusting site. Its run by a bunch of tools, who think that they are god's gift to baseball and that anyone who disagrees with them isn't worthy of speaking.

Double A

Uhh, the way I'm acting?

You challenge me for never having seen Still or Mills play, thus challenging the extent of my credibility in discussing prospects. However, when I challenge YOUR credibility while discussing a site which you clearly no longer visit on a regular basis--if at all--I become "hostile." That right there is hypocrisy, my friend.

And please save the lecturing on treating you with respect for some ignorant poster. In the past few days, you have not only called out some particular posters whom you dislike from a different site BY NAME, but you have falsely accused me of being someone who "obviously just looks at stats when determining the projected ranking of a prospect."--despite the fact that I am FAR from being just a stats guy and have NEVER once brought up stats in any of my discussions.

So unless you actually begin to read soxprospects.com again regularly (doubtful) and give an accurate description of the content of the site, I will continue to call you out on some of your comments which I believe to be inaccuracies. If you can't take it, then I suggest you either ignore my posts or get some thicker skin to be able to handle my "immaturity" and "hostility."

Politely criticizing prospects is totally cool. You just can't be a jerk about it. Most of the prospects are 17-25 year old kids making crappy money pursuing a dream, not to mention berating somebody who can't defend themselves is just a crappy thing to do. We'd rather be able to work with the players and families to get the best possible information regarding Red Sox prospects on the internet. You can't do that if you have a reputation for going CHB on every player who isn't an A prospect. It's not like we ask you to kiss ass...just don't be a jerk.

Major Leaguer

If someone knows about Kissing Assses and at the same time being a ASS Hole Amarshal its the one.

Super Moderator

Alright, everyone. That's enough. Continue this in the fights and crap forum if you must... I really don't feel like splitting threads and moving posts right now.

Double A

Quote Originally Posted by scaffolds;286413;
    If someone knows about Kissing Assses and at the same time being a ASS Hole Amarshal its the one.
    Did Amarshal say anything bad about you in his most recent post? Unless my English comprehension is worse than yours (doubtful considering your grammar sucks), I'm pretty sure all he did was defend the site in which he is a moderator.

Honestly, if you are anything in person like you are as an internet poster, then feel bad for every single person that has to be associated with you and your arrogance on a regular basis. If you really want to be taken seriously as a scout, talent evalutor, or any other label that you give yourself in order to gain some internet worshippers then I suggest you stop being an immature (sorry to steal one of RZ's favorite words) "ASS hole" to anyone who disagrees with your opinions.

And if you're going to use vulgarity while insulting other posters, then try and actually use respectable grammar. There really is no reason to capitalize just the "ass" in asshole (not to mention it's one word).

Oh, and the 2007 draft was a little disappointing.

Too true.

Super Moderator

All right. Moving this to fights and crap and DON'T let it spill into any other threads. It's bad enough that you've brought your beef from soxprospects over here, so don't continue it outside of this thread. If you guys have something else to contribute other than bashing each other, then please do. If not, leave, or eventually be banned. This shit is completely unnecessary.

jsinger needs to get these people straightened out.

Re: Soxprospects fight or whatever the hell it is...

I'm being told that Average Joe's does not have enough players and will be forfeiting the championship match. It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

Re: Sox INTL signings

UC, Scaffolds reported that on the previous page and gave a nice scouting report for Perez:
    Perez who i saw pitch in the 2006's Fall is 6-3 170 Is long with a loose arm, smooth and very fluid mechanics, he throws a heavy fastball and a solid CB with good depth.
    Scaffolds, you must have some friends at Perfect Game, because they had some eerily identical things to say about Perez:
    Israel Perez is a left handed pitcher with a 6'2'', 180 lb. frame from Santiago, Dominican Republic. Perez is a 15 year old with a long and loose arm, smooth mechanics, very fluid, throws a heavy fastball, solid CB with good depth,
    http://www.perfectgame.org/players/p...aspx?ID=112682

temple, stop being ASS hole

Double A

If someone knows about being a ASS hole temple its the one.